Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Received auto cpap but they made it static?
Smile 
Received auto cpap but they made it static?
Hi Everyone,
I have been guided by this forum for quite some time, especially when choosing my new machine. Thank you for all the great advice. I became a member today so I could post.  Thanks

I ended up with a Dreamstation cpap-auto. An upgrade from my System One I had for years and years. This was a static, only one setting machine I had to tweak over the years as I grew into my belly. I ended at 10.5 and it seemed to work pretty good. 

I was super excited to try an auto machine so I could see if my tweaks were right or if maybe it had changed again. When I got my machine I noticed it was set to the 10.5 I told my doctor I was last at and it shows as cpapwithCflexPlus in dreammapper? It is locked in at regular cpap, not auto or any testing from what I can tell since the min, max, and 90% show nothing. The super helpful provider CS told me to pretty much shove off without another study and prescription. Kind of seems like a waste to have an auto machine if I can't use any of those features right? Maybe things changed? I can go in there and change to auto from what I read here (thanks to you folks Smile but am unsure what setting to initially start at? Any thoughts would be great.  

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Received auto cpap but they made it static?
Darktide,
If you did well at 10.5 on your older machine, try setting a range of 8.5 minimum and 13 max.

Watch your numbers for a few days, and see how it goes.

Normally, if we know your 90% reading, the recommendation is to set a minimum at 2cm below the 90% number and max at 2 above.

Did you use cflex on your old machine?  With the Dreamstation, you will want to use AFlex 2, or you could try to keep it off.

Consider downloading #SleepyHead software.  It will give you much more info than dream mapper.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2017, 04:46 PM)Darktide Wrote: Hi Everyone,
I have been guided by this forum for quite some time, especially when choosing my new machine. Thank you for all the great advice. I became a member today so I could post.  Thanks

I ended up with a Dreamstation cpap-auto. An upgrade from my System One I had for years and years. This was a static, only one setting machine I had to tweak over the years as I grew into my belly. I ended at 10.5 and it seemed to work pretty good. 

I was super excited to try an auto machine so I could see if my tweaks were right or if maybe it had changed again. When I got my machine I noticed it was set to the 10.5 I told my doctor I was last at and it shows as cpapwithCflexPlus in dreammapper? It is locked in at regular cpap, not auto or any testing from what I can tell since the min, max, and 90% show nothing. The super helpful provider CS told me to pretty much shove off without another study and prescription. Kind of seems like a waste to have an auto machine if I can't use any of those features right? Maybe things changed? I can go in there and change to auto from what I read here (thanks to you folks Smile but am unsure what setting to initially start at? Any thoughts would be great.  

Thanks in advance!

they made my auto machine fixed

go figure

people change constantly
the only valid machine is auto
so it adapts to us and our current needs
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey OpalRose!

I've read many of your posts! Thank you for all the great advice you've given everyone!  like

I did use cflex in the past and will go ahead with all the settings you recommended. I just finished downloading SleepyHead, it seems like a much more substantial data set.

Here's to a good nights sleep!

Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome aboard the forum

I'll be stronger than OpalRose was here, don't consider downloading SleepyHead, do it.  
It is with your data, normally presented from SleepyHead that we can offer you the best advice, and as you learn, you can see and do for yourself.

Download the Clinican manual.  It will tell you how to change your settings.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P-Pressure

Look on the bottom of your machine and post the model number there. That will tell us exactly what you have.

See my sig for how to post an image og your sleepyhead data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know right? It was strange too, CS couldn't seem to get why I would want to actually use the technology I just bought? lol  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2017, 05:12 PM)Darktide Wrote: Hey OpalRose!

I've read many of your posts! Thank you for all the great advice you've given everyone!  like

I did use cflex in the past and will go ahead with all the settings you recommended. I just finished downloading SleepyHead, it seems like a much more substantial data set.

Here's to a good nights sleep!

Cheers!

Thanks

I sometimes forget that many don't join right away, but read our many posts first.  Glad you joined.

Just remember that the pressure can be tweaked, but we will need to see a few days data.
When you are ready to post a screenshot, follow the tutorials in my signature line.  
Sleep-well
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm interested to see if they actually gave you an APAP and just set it to fixed pressure or whether they're trying to dupe you with a straight CPAP. Wouldn't be the first time a DME assumes the client knows nothing... So what did you find out? Look at the bottom, it will tell you above the bar code.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome!  Be aware that if you are used to a fixed pressure that you might find the constant changes in auto mode unsettling and disturbing to your sleep.  Some people do.  The mode that gives you the most restful sleep is the best one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Darktide,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue CPAP therapy and also with your new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 200 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123
  [Pressure] Pressure max/min clarification and change I made richapple 5 366 01-28-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: richapple
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 404 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? Labromaniac 3 517 11-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 582 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.