Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Upgrading to ResMed 11 - looking for a second look at settings
Upgrading to ResMed 11 - looking for a second look at settings
I have been using a ResMed 10 for about 7 years, and my insurance will now cover me buying a new CPAP device - up to $2k.  When I was first diagnosed I went through a Respiratory service and they grossly overcharged me for my CPAP device - but managed to keep it under my insurance cap - so I went with it.

I was planning on getting a ResMed 11 which sells online for about $1500 (in Canada), but the Respiratory service wants to charge me $2700 for it.  That's too much out of pocket for me, so I want to bypass them and pay the lower price (My insurance will still cover it thankfully as long as i can provide a doctors prescription - which I have obtained).

I have been quite happy so far with my CPAP device and with my sleeping - but I would like a once over by more experienced eyes to see if there is some setting I could tweak.  Also, for applying these settings to the ResMed 11 when I get it, is there anything special I need to do?

Lastly - should I look for a monitoring service that doesn't require me to buy my CPAP through them - or are there issues going it unmonitored?

Note: I use a ResMed AirFit F20 Full Face Cushion mask.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Upgrading to ResMed 11 - looking for a second look at settings
Welcome to the apneaboard. The monitoring is mostly for compliance, to make sure you are using the device. You have been using for 7 years and your insurance has already said they will cover an online sale. Your DME will care because they can no longer drain your bank account.

You mentioned getting the new model AirSense 11. Consider getting a second AirSense 10 instead. Why? Simply because all the parts and accessories are the same as what you currently have. The AS11 places the SD card behind the humidifier tank which can be a bit awkward to fill when empty. The AS11 uses a different smaller blower assembly, actually the same one used in the Air Mini. It is adequate for its task but physics says it would need to spin faster meaning that while low volume it's tone will be different than your current machine. The AS11 will also have a soft mode and a for her model, which your 7byonmodel likely doesn't have, newer models may have the soft mode and I believe your was before the for her model came out. Bottom line is your posts say you don't need them.

You are using auto ramp, which is the best way to use the ramp. Your ramp is set to 6, consider setting it to 7 to allow full use of EPR during your Ramp. Personally I'd just try and turn your ramp off. If that doesn't feel good just turn it back on. FYI event reporting is disabled during the ramp. But response to events is also disabled during the ramp. If you need the ramp, no problem, turn it back on.

Your current therapy is excellent and dialed in.

To further your education id click on the CPAP setup manuals link and request the clinical manuals
It is a manual process without automation so it takes some time.

Again welcome aboard

Beerdujour, AKA Gideon
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Upgrading to ResMed 11 - looking for a second look at settings
I can still get an actual AirSense 10 AutoSet  through lofta and save $160 compared to the 11 so I think I'm going to go for it.  Sounds like it's better in some ways anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curing CSA by upgrading to CRT pacemaker? Per Laursen 1 181 03-02-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Treatment] Oscar/ Dialing in Settings / ResMed 11 Jintyo76 2 320 01-10-2024, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Jintyo76
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 494 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 833 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 8 16,112 11-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 517 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce
  Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the ResMed 'For Her' settings? Robert89 2 507 09-16-2023, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.