Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Request for Advise on my new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto BiLevel
Question 
Request for Advise on my new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto BiLevel
Hello All,

Happy to be a new member of this excellent forum.

I have OSA. No other lung or airway disease. Used APAP for over 10 years now, very effective for me and 100% compliant.

Currently on a ResMed S9 AutoSet whose motor is now failing. My pressures hover around 11.

Since I needed a new machine and ResMed AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine came recommended on this forum as the best machine for OSA therapy, I picked one up.

1. Looking for advise on how to set the ResMed AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine up when I get it, and any other tips.
    1. To start, I’m thinking to set the following parameters on the VAuto:
      1. Mode = VAuto
      2. Min EPAP = 4
      3. Max IPAP = 16
      4. PS = 4
  2. I’d like to get a compatible pulse oximeter that can provide data Oscar can import. If anybody has suggestions on the best option I’d appreciate it. Ideally, pulse oximeter software will be Mac OS X compatible. I currently have the Wellue SleepU on order.
  3. Any tips or advice on transitioning from my S9 to the VAuto appreciated. Thank you in advance.  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Request for Advise on my new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto BiLevel
Welcome to the forum.

The settings you propose are fine for initial use. They will work

Typically for an AutoSet replacement we would set up with nearly identical settings. This means PS=3 assuming your EPR was 3.

Min EPAP = min pressure - EPR
Max IPAP = max pressure
PS = EPR

Because this is a new machine for you, if used do a factory reset to restore all settings to default, don't assume the settings are all default. Anyway expect to have to optimize your settings after.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Gideon

Thank you. 

I did a factory reset, and set the PS to 3 for my first night with the machine. 

Have it on now and will see how it goes tonight. 

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
@Gideon

Thank you. 

I did a factory reset, and set the PS to 3 for my first night with the machine. 

Have it on now and will see how it goes tonight. 

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure and give us a critical How You Feel? and not the standard answer of "I feel fine".
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my Oscar report with oximetry for my first night with the ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto BiLevel.

A comment on the Oscar sofware itself; very well done, especially for free. The only difficult part was importing my Oximetry data, but the Oscar wiki section dealing with Oximetry data importation cleared things up. I find the instructions well written and practical.

As far as I feel: I feel like my therapy worked well, but I needed another hour of sleep. I feel about the same as I would expect on my old S9 APAP. I am alert and awake, no desire for a nap. Have had my usual 1 cup of coffee.

Note: I used a new mask for this session in addition to the new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto BiLevel. The mask was the ResMed AirFit P30i Nasal Pillow mask. Frankly, I really liked it! Seemed to have very little leakage, no face marks, tube out of the way on top of my head. For the first time use of a new mask, I was very impressed. I did a test fit with the machine set to 20 and there was no leakage. 

Oscar Chart below. Please advise. Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Settings wise, any changes are optional.
Two changes to try .

Increase PS to 4. Then choose which feels better, 3 or 4. Don't go by numbers, which feels better.

PS=3 and raise min epap to 5. Same thing which feels better? 9
Post Reply Post Reply
When OA are present, an increase in EPAP min is indicated. I don't disagree with Gideon's suggestion, but I think EPAP min 5.0 is part of the solution. Your current median EPAP is over 6.5, so definitely increase from 4.0 to 5.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, got it. I will change EPAP to 5.0 and change PS to 4.0 and compare it to PS 3.0.

Really appreciate the prompt replies, thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

This is night #2 with my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto BiLevel

Changes from night #1: I changed min EPAP from 4.0 to 5.0. I changed PS from 3.0 to 4.0

Symptoms: I feel less rested today compared to yesterday. Interesting that I slept the exact same amount of time and AHI change was negligible. 

Please advise and thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to Bilevel and lots of CAs Thorne88 0 44 6 hours ago
Last Post: Thorne88
  Help request... zsearcher 26 1,246 Yesterday, 05:32 PM
Last Post: zsearcher
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 314 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 120 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 862 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,987 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 580 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.