Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Treatment Resistant Central Sleep Apnea?
RE: Treatment Resistant Central Sleep Apnea?
There lies the difference then in the LVEF issue. I know my heart isn't as strong as it could or should be, and hereditary adding in its bit, I was not surprised by my 55% in 2017. The test is easy FWIW.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no technical difference between the VPAP Adapt 36037 and the Aircurve 10 ASV. The S9 range are eol and have been arround a number of years now I will expect these machines were manufactured over 5 yrs ago but You cannot beat that price to see if it helps your treatment and prove effectiveness.

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
Late to this discussion... I'm surprised the sleep study did not look at limb movements. In my case I had a lot of central and mixed apneas in my initial study associated with PLMS. Research RLS and PLMS and see if that might apply to you. I'm making good progress reducing limb movements and CAs by improving iron levels and experimenting with some pharmacologicals with a neurologist...
Post Reply Post Reply
Noted Kappa, the more I read about RLS the more I can identify with some of the symptoms. Thanks for the lead, I'm going to look into this with my PCP and see if I can get my iron content up.

I just got my 36037 today and the machine only has 279 run hours, so I'm feeling like I lucked out. Thanks again jaswilliams for the tip! I set it to the default settings in ASVauto mode and will report back with my OSCAR charts tomorrow. Beyond that, is there anything else I should set up on the ASV?
Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming you have settings similar to my 10 series ASV, Run ASV Auto mode, EPAP and PS can be tried at ResMed titration defaults, unless you have a prior EPAP Min number that you already know is OK for you. Otherwise, heated hose and humidifier as you require for comfort. No Ramp is suggested. If you want SmartStart, that's your choice also. If you want, name the settings and we can help fill them in if you're needing help other than the generic info mentioned.

Set the ASV clock and date first, then set pressures, and finally the humidity, heated hose, etc. Put your unlocked SD card in and sleep well, report tomorrow with an answer to how you felt and an OSCAR chart. We can then suggest edits.

NOTE: If yours is a 9 series, lock the SD before it goes in the PC reader slot and remember to unlock it before it goes into the ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After the first night with the ASV, I'm feeling a lot better compared to previous nights! Still feeling tired, but I suspect that's due to the fact that I didn't keep my mask on the entire night + sleep debt. I've never seen my AHI so low!  like

It seems like there are still a few hypopneas that I can work on reducing. Going by the chart, I believe that the unclassified apneas + large leaks are just due to me putting my mask back on at night. 

Post Reply Post Reply
OK a question, how well did you sleep? And did it feel like you needed more air at the beginning? If you felt like you'd like more air, I'd suggest a bump of EPAP Min. to 6. It may also clear up the few Hypopnea. Regardless keep working on the mask fit.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did feel a bit blocked up at the beginning (my congested nose didn't help) so I'll try boosting the EPAP Min to 6 tonight and see how that works.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done great to see you managed to get the S9 the cost out ways the older machine. Most of your events seemed to occur when you were awake and don’t contribute to your AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s really odd how your pressure appears to start high then drop. Like a ramp in reverse. I think the higher EPAP is a good idea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 47 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 227 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,513 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 349 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,397 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 609 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 538 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.