Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Resmed Aircurve ASV settings
Resmed Aircurve ASV settings
I have been using my Resmed Aircurve ASV for over a year with little problems. Recently I had high Events and AHI readings some to 23 events. I have tried to adjust the settings and now have the results that I am posting from Sleepyhead. My settings were min EPAP 5; max EPAP 10; min IPAP 4; max IPAP 15

http://imgur.com/a/Z42zn

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Aircurve ASV settings
Also, how do I determine what the machine was set at  from looking at the Sleepyhead data. i.e min EPAP max EPAP min IPAP max IPAP.

I am very tired and groggy the past few weeks. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not certain with the AirCurve, but I think you will find your record of prescription changes near the bottom of the Statistics tab page. I've been using SleepyHead pretty consistently for two years, and all my changes show up. I don't know if SleepyHead is tracking them, or if the machine records them on the SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2017, 03:53 PM)jmpower4 Wrote: I have been using my Resmed Aircurve ASV for over a year with little problems. Recently I had high Events and AHI readings some to 23 events. I have tried to adjust the settings and now have the results that I am posting from Sleepyhead. My settings were min EPAP 5; max EPAP 10; min IPAP 4; max IPAP 15

http://imgur.com/a/Z42zn

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi

There are folks on here who are very knowledgeable with regards to ASV machines and I'm sure they will reach out - I'm fairly new to my Airsense10 ASV machine, but I do have a couple of pieces of feedback/questions for you:

1. In your message, you mention Min EPAP of 5 and Max EPAP of 10 - I'm guessing those were your ORIGINAL machine settings, as SleepyHead indicates that your machine is currently set to MUCH higher pressures... ?

2. On the LHS of your Sleepyhead screenshot, you will see a section labelled "machine settings" - this shows you what your machine is currently set to - according to SH, your machine is currently set to Min EPAP of 10 and Max EPAP of 15; Together with Min PS of 3 and Max PS of 15, this yields an IPAP range of 13 - 30 which is obviously pretty high - according to your SH data, your certainly reaching an IPAP of 25...

3. The most important thing that people are going to want to see is previous Sleepyhead data - can you share any Sleepyhead graphs from when the machine DID appear to be helping you, as it sounds like your pressures were a lot lower at one time... ?

Thanks 
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
On the prescription changes, it only report min EPAP; max IPAP 27; PS 4.0 - 15.0. My settings were min EPAP 4; max EPAP 12; min IPAP 4; max IPAP 15. HOw do I compare these?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a screen shot of a low AHI day.

http://imgur.com/a/D1Yxr
Post Reply Post Reply
I get the impression you're changing your settings too frequently - you've told us a couple of settings which are contradicted by the actual settings recorded by #SleepyHead. Try keeping them at the set which gave you the lowest AHI (back on March 1) and don't touch them for at least a week.

The March 22 chart shows several intense clusters of UA (unclassified apnea). According to the Resmed literature these will be obstructive. The fact that you've had so many obstructives clustered together suggests something unusual is going on, and I would bet it relates to your posture. What a lot of members have reported is that their chin drops down to their chest ("chin tuck") which has the effect of closing off the windpipe. You can even try this while awake - sit up straight and take a few slow deep breaths. Now let you chin drop to your chest - you can feel the difference immediately. Some find a soft cervical collar helps prevent this from happening. Alternatively a different type of pillow (duck feather or buckwheat husk) can help hold your head in a open airway position.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Deepbreathing!

I just saw a video about ASV settings that made sense. It was suggested that the settings should be EPAP min 6 max 15; PS min 4 max 19 to give the machine enough range to adjust.

Do you like these settings better than my March 1st good day settings of EPAP min 5 max 10 and PS min 4 max 18.

Thanks.

I need a good nights sleep tonight!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your results on 1 March were excellent. Why did you change from those settings?

Have you heard of death by dial twiddling? It's what happens to people who keep changing their pressure all the time. The body never has a chance to acclimatise to a setting. Go back to tbe ones which worked well and don't touch them for a week. Then let us know how it went.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good advice, DeepBreathing.

I kept the settings at the March 1st level and my AHI was 0.6 last night. Thank you.

When the Aircurve 10 ASV sleep report on the machine says 0.6 AHI and 0.0 total AHI, what does that mean?

I have a lot of energy today!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.