Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Resmed Airsense 10, turning off humidifier and don't seem to need it???
Idea 
Resmed Airsense 10, turning off humidifier and don't seem to need it???
I first used the humidifier when I first got the machine 3 months ago. I then put it down to the lowest humidification setting at 1. I think fully disabled it and wake up fine....

Just wondering if this will keep the tubing any cleaner or extend the intervals between cleaning the hoses, etc.???

I only cleaned them once in 3 months while using humidifer, but they never look dirty! Same with the mask, it's never dirty even if I rinse it. Just looking for opinions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10, turning off humidifier and don't seem to need it???
Hi Jackie1,
The humidifier is to keep your sinuses and throat moist, but if you find that you don't need it, turn it off. Another thing you could do is to just use the humidifier in passover mode by putting water in the chamber and leaving it turned off. That way you will get a slight bit of humidity, just a thought.
I clean my hose once a week with my mask and humidifier.chamber in warm, mild, soapy water.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Clean that hose regardless. Yes, you don't have to do it as often, but there's still opportunity for stuff to start growing in there. Why take the chance? Clean it at least once every 2 weeks, maybe 3 if you are super lazy.

And of course you won't see dirt. Unless you live in a construction zone.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2016, 10:31 PM)Jackie1 Wrote: I first used the humidifier when I first got the machine 3 months ago. I then put it down to the lowest humidification setting at 1. I think fully disabled it and wake up fine....

Just wondering if this will keep the tubing any cleaner or extend the intervals between cleaning the hoses, etc.???

I only cleaned them once in 3 months while using humidifer, but they never look dirty! Same with the mask, it's never dirty even if I rinse it. Just looking for opinions.

not so much an opinion, as experience.... I've been on cpap since 2009. I washed my hoses a couple times at the first, because .... well, they said to.

then I decided not to do it anymore, and I haven't had a problem. I've had two hoses since then... the ends of the first one got soft and I wrapped some string around the ends to give it some grip assist, that worked fine for a couple years. then I got a longer hose. it's never been washed.

all that goes through it is filtered air, so I figure, why wash it?

all I'm saying is, this is what works for me. make your own choices Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
I have two heated hoses, wash every two weeks. I alternate them...while one is drying, use the other.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 477 8 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,936 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,337 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,021 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 183 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10 Tampa Jim 5 360 03-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.