Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset in CPAP Mode
Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset in CPAP Mode
Hello everyone!

I am a 39 y/o male who was diagnosed with Mild OSA in August 2020. Due to the CPAP shortage, I was borrowing a Resmed Airsense 10 from family friend until November, when I received a Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset.

I am here because I don't feel like my symptoms have really subsided. When I got the sleep study and slept with the CPAP in the lab, I woke up feeling better than I have in years. However, my experience with sleeping with either of these two CPAPs at home has simply not been the same.

After digging through the forums and reading the clinical manual for the AS11, I noticed that my device is in CPAP mode. I did some googling to determine the difference and from my rudimentary understanding, it appears that if an APAP mode is available, it should be used right? Why not take advantage of a treatment that is customized to your needs at the moment? Is there something I am missing here?

Before posting my charts and trying to find the correct numbers, I want to make sure that I'm going down the right path. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset in CPAP Mode
Absolutely.

With a few exceptions, the majority of users who self-manage their therapy use APAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with Dog Slobber. OP has the AS11 clinical manual, which would explain how to set the machine for APAP mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for the insight. I'll go off of the guide on the site and reach out again if I need more help!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you know what you are doing, it is better to do self. When you call a treatment facility on the phone about problems, it takes a long time before you get an answer. In the worst case, incorrect adjustments prevent the entire sleep.

With the first device I got, I adjusted the settings myself. And it was very difficult to fall asleep. I returned the device. When I later told about the problems on one of the forums, someone answered: the device may have been broken. It can be like that.

With the second device, the treatment started working right from the first night. These were both Airsense 10 devices. Now AirSense 11 is in use and the treatment has started to work well with it since the first night. They seem to have adjusted the settings from the previous 10 ready for the device 11. They were exactly the same when I started using it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 463 59 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,814 6 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 116 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,618 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.