Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Review [how am I doing?]
RE: Review [how am I doing?]
Look at post #9 in this thread. The chart you posted there was easy to read. Try to duplicate that You need to adjust he height of each of the graphs by using the mouse to move the line separating each graph up or down until they are all about the same height. You can move the snore graph up under flow limit by left clicking on the label (snore) and dragging it up.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again for all the technical help. Here is latest with EPR 3 and min pressure of 11. I feel much better today than yesterday.
Post Reply Post Reply
Reposting chart and adding 2 more.

Sorry, here it is, I hope.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of the reason your AHI is up is that you have a bit of chin tucking (see how your OA events are clustered) Let's see if this persists.

Remember that we are NOT chasing numbers, but rather you feeling better.

I'm going to suggest increasing your min pressure to 12 to help the RERAs and flow Limitations.

And THIS is how a chart should be presented, well done.
Post Reply Post Reply
Changed min pressure to 12. RERA changed from .46 to .23.

I do feel slightly better rested  than before we began to dial in the settings--but would like to see additional improvement if possible,  Do you recommend any further changes for tonight?
Post Reply Post Reply
You are doing better and if I understand you correctly are still feeling symptoms so with that in mind bump min up another 1cmw.

After tonight wait 2 or 3 days between bumps.

While I am looking at your numbers, I am not chasing them these changes are based on how you feel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Made the additional 1 increase to 13 in min pressure. Last night was the best sleep I have had in years. Awoke this morn and felt more rested and recharged than usual.

Achieved RERA of 0.  Appreciate any comments/suggestions based on the charts?
Post Reply Post Reply
As I last staid I would like to leave these settings alone for a while, I'll actually say a week, let's let all that we've done settle in, then re-evaluate. I see nothing even slightly negative in your statement this morning.

Note: There was no technical reason to require any of these changes, all were based on eliminating some non-events centered around Flow Limitations and RERAs, and targeted around your symptoms, how you feel, and definitely not chasing numbers (we started with I think, an AHI of .75)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Will sit tight for the  next week.

Understand we are not chasing numbers but rather quality of sleep. My Sleep Doc always said my stats were good, but I wanted to try to fine tune adjustments to see if additional improvement in rest was possible. I do not want to reduce effectiveness at the expense of feeling the same or slightly better.

Having said that, going by stats only, do you think my old settings are better for me? Since they appear to be mutually exclusive, which is better from a therapeutic point of view, optimizing stats or subjectively feeling better?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2019, 10:05 AM)toddster Wrote: Thanks. Will sit tight for the  next week.

Understand we are not chasing numbers but rather quality of sleep. My Sleep Doc always said my stats were good, but I wanted to try to fine tune adjustments to see if additional improvement in rest was possible. I do not want to reduce effectiveness at the expense of feeling the same or slightly better.
Having said that, going by stats only, do you think my old settings are better for me? No, The new ones. They include small improvements to the things the med community typically ignores.
 Since they appear to be mutually exclusive, which is better from a therapeutic point of view, optimizing stats or subjectively feeling better?  I use a staged approach. Initially I pay MUCH more attention to getting the stats in the right ball park, then shift to the subjectively feeling better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 52,998 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 330 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe
  New"ish" CPAP user. OSCAR review tippmann87 12 715 01-19-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airsense 11 Autoset Oscar Data - How to Review goblue2024 1 422 01-09-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 525 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,985 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.