Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Review of current results OSCAR
Review of current results OSCAR
Hi all,

I've been on CPAP since August of last year. Going generally pretty well, use it every night feel much better since starting with it. I've just go into using OSCAR and wanted a general review of the settings of a typical night for me. Still learning a lot about the stats and terminology. 

Any insights would be appreciated.

Cheers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Review of current results OSCAR
Welcome to the forum.

Click the black triangle on the calendar to make it go away.  
The only charts we need to see are events, flow rate, flow limits, pressure, leaks, and snores

Your OA, Obstructive Apnea is a bit clustered.  I want to see if it is consistent and if there is more on some days.  If so then I suggest that you use a soft cervical collar ( see the link in my signature)  or an anti-snoring or sleep collar (no padding on the back of the neck).

Set your min pressure to 7 for both comfort and therapeutic reasons.  The min pressure should be - 4 + EPR = 4 + 3 = 7

You also have some pretty good spikes in your Flow Limits, so a watch on that.

You were awake for most of the events at the start of the night so we will not count those for now.

Now the most important question, How do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bonjour, I've added a sample of another two days for comparison and the overview stats. Generally I feel pretty good, lately I've had a few racing heart episodes, but those are mostly on being awake and due to an anxiety episode in Nov. Sleep since starting CPAP is greatly improved. I suspect you are right with the chin tucking and snoring. I'll take a look at adding a collar and see if that helps.

Cheers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Seeing these charts you should see some benefits from a collar. Let's see what a collar does for you numbers. Do change your min to 7, I'd suggest that you set EPR = 3 but you are already there. As long as you are feeling good I'm not going to suggest a BiLevel machine. As a point, and I'm not saying you are, you need to be critical of how you feel with your apnea treatment with both us and your doctor. How do you feel is not a greeting but a critical evaluation of your apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bonjour,

Appreciate the guidance. I'll get a collar and change the min pressure tonight and see how to goes.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,254 7 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 71 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 136 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.