Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Rough first night on AirCurve Vauto (OSCAR screenshots attached)
Rough first night on AirCurve Vauto (OSCAR screenshots attached)
Hi all, I received my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto yesterday from Supplier #2 and was extremely excited to try it out. I put the mask on at 11:45pm, and read in bed for a while. I fell asleep at roughly 1:30am and was able to keep the mask on for a little over 3 hours. I guess I won't be one of those overnight success stories, but I'm extremely dedicated to making therapy work for me. I've also tried to manage my expectations on how quickly I'll find success, as this forum advises!

I uploaded my data into OSCAR this morning and noticed I had many Clear Airway apneas. I'll attach a screenshot of a cluster of them, shortly after 3am. I woke up at around 3:30am and took the mask off at this time. 

Would really appreciate tips on any adjustments I should consider making to my settings. I set the device myself in Clinician Mode, based on recommendations I read on here. Can offer more screenshots, if needed. I do recognize that just one night of data (with only 3.5 hrs of treatment) may be insufficient to draw any conclusions, but thought I'd share regardless! Many thanks.

I detailed my diagnosis in my previous post, but my WatchPat2 sleep study reported an AHI of 6.1 and an RDI of 15.4.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rough first night on AirCurve Vauto (OSCAR screenshots attached)
I'll add that my ramp was set to 20, and sensitivity to "Very High"
Post Reply Post Reply
With pressure set to EPAP min 6.0, max 20 and PS 4 your events were all CA. The good news is respiratory statistics simply show a high ventilation rate (healthy) so we're going to reduce pressure support to 3 and dial back the trigger sensitivity to high and try again. There is no flow limitation and no indication of obstructive apnea in these results. Just reduce the pressure support setting, and trigger sensitivity.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, will adjust pressure support and trigger sensitivity now.

Should I leave Cycle where it is (currently Very High)?

Perhaps also worth mentining: Ti Max is currently set @ 3.5s; Ti Min is 0.3s

Will report back with more OSCAR data on the morrow!
Post Reply Post Reply
No, cycle to medium.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Adjusted that as well  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
These settings seem to be working much better for me. I also adjusted my ramp to 40 minutes (quite high, I know), as I found the quickly rising pressure had been keeping me from falling asleep.

Last night was the first time I made it through the entire night with my mask on. I feel OK this morning energy-wise, although my chest hurts a bit (using new breathing muscles) and I feel a bit nauseated. Perhaps my nausea has something to do with my therapy—I couldn't say. 

I'll include two screenshots of my OSCAR data from last night. One zoomed out, and another zoomed in on a cluster of CAs I had at 4:23am. I woke up 20 minutes thereafter and took the mask of briefly to use the bathroom. 

It looks like my AHI is good. Should I be concerned about my leak-rate? Currently using an AirFit P10.

Any other adjustments worth trying?

Thanks again!

[attachment=24785][attachment=24784]
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m pretty happy with the look of this. Change EPAP min to 5.0 and max IPAP to 9.0. We’re going to reduce pressure in exchange for ramp at auto. Understood?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Adjusted EPAP and IPAP, thank you. I don't believe the AirCurve 10 vAuto has an auto-ramp function. What would you suggest I set as the ramp time?
Post Reply Post Reply
29 minutes if needed. I have the Vauto and have never used ramp. You can see my EPAP min is 9.0 so don’t look to me for much sympathy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 299 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 859 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 564 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 144 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 932 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,512 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 91 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.