Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Seeing significantly different AHI numbers night to night
Seeing significantly different AHI numbers night to night
Is it unusual to see significantly different AHI numbers each night? Last night I had a 6.7, the night before was .6 and the night before that was 2. All the variables are the same; ramp time, humidity and pressure settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Seeing significantly different AHI numbers night to night
Hi galenaforest,
Welcome

Two things that come to mind would be:
1 - Are you taking any medication on different nishts?
2 - I see you're using ResScan. Look at you leak values. Large leaks can skew your results.
3 - You might be mouth breathing as well.

Good Luck!
-Red

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi galenaforest,
Do you notice if you are sleeping on your back when your AHI is higher?
You can place pillows behind you back to help keep you are on side.

AHI numbers do vary from night to night. Do you take any medicines before bed?
Also, eating too late at night adds to AHI numbers.

Watch your leak rates, as that can affect your readings also.

Consider downloading Sleepyhead software along with using ResScan.
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi galenaforest,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2016, 11:22 PM)galenaforest Wrote: Is it unusual to see significantly different AHI numbers each night? Last night I had a 6.7, the night before was .6 and the night before that was 2. All the variables are the same; ramp time, humidity and pressure settings.

Hi!

I've been going through something similar and have found a couple correlations for me.

Higher fatty food at dinner, pizza, popcorn, sweets, sugar, and eating late.
Staying up late (1AM+) working or studying.
Older nasal pillows.
Older headgear frame.

On the replacement supplies, I went through two (2) defective P10 Mask Frames, with the third one working. Previous two just blew, and did not diffuse. My AHI jumped way up with the defective mask frames. And, the new head straps seemed to have been made larger. A full 2 cm from my old one. The DME replaced that for me too with a womens size which is still longer than my original one, but shorter than the first one they sent.

The other thing I found is if I wash the frame and its vents each day and lightly scrub the vents with a soft tooth brush (an old one), as well as wash and dry the head strap each day it can help. I wash the humidifier every day.

Good luck on finding your own triggers!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 155 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 143 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 613 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 115 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,066 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,157 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 356 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.