Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Settings Advice
Settings Advice
        Hello all,

I have a Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto and I'm having a hard time getting good sleep. I have OSA and Moderate COPD, not on any oxygen therapy. Blood CO2 levels are in normal range, daytime oxygen is usually 96 0r higher and sleep oxygen levels stay above 91. Could someone look at the screenshots posted and advise on changing or leaving alone. Sleep doctor I have basically looks at AHI and says all is good. 

My settings are :

Mode - VAuto
Max IPAP- 15
MIN EPAP- 8
PS- 4
Ti Max 2.0
Ti Min  .3
Trigger- Med
Cycle- High

Resmed F30i Full face mask
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Settings Advice
I think our expert coaches here are going to want to see close-up views in at least one instance, maybe more.  You might wish to click over the right-most large cluster of light-blue obstructive events and expand the view.  Each time you click on it, with your cursor over it, it will expand the view their until you can see a much more detailed waveform.  Then, capture that view and post it here the same way.

My guess is that you are experiencing some positional apnea, although your pressure relief is substantial.  Maybe you need to drop that to 3, or even to 2, for a few nights to see how that settles you in.  

But, please wait for more input from others before you make any changes.
Post Reply Post Reply
For your complex situation, the OSCAR chart looks very good. Follow where the best comfort is found. I don't think you're going to need dial clicking for events but only for comfort.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you , I will add the additional screenshots

Post Reply Post Reply

Here is another, thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I just want restful sleep. Trying to get advice before I make it worse myself playing with settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 165 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 255 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,784 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 786 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.