Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Settings on Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto
Settings on Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto
Hi,  I purchased a new Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto due to the Philips recall and my system one being from 2014.  My BiPap Rx is old from 2008 but called for fixed 17/13 pressures at the time.   My AHI had been creeping up on my old system one from below 5 to in the 10 range with 25% leaks showing (I use a chin strap but still mouth leak and wake up with a dry mouth).  On the new system I wanted to try the auto BiPap so I set it up for min EPAP 7, max IPAP 20 and PS of 4.0 with the other settings at default.  I have used an ultramirage II nasal mask for many years and I like the way it fits/feels.  The first night I tried the Resmed N30i mask I got for $1.00 with the system and I couldn't sleep well at all with it and my AHI was high.  

Last night, I went back to my Ultramirage II and slept better with the following from the machine:  events per hour 9.8 (it was 28.2 on the N30i), mask seal happy face, pressure 13.0, exp. pressure 8.9, leak 47 L/min (my mouth leak??? the mask felt secure), Vt 440ml, RR 18, MV 8.1 L/min, Ti 1.2 s, I:E 1:1.6, spont cyc 94.5%, AHI 9.8, Total AI 8.0, Central AI 5.1.

Today I feel better than yesterday but still somewhat tired.   I felt like I leaked less from my mouth with the lower pressures and my mouth wasn't as dry as on the fixed BiPap at 17/13 I was used to on the System One.  I am wondering if you can give me suggested adjustments to my current Vauto settings and any other advice you can think of.  Is the central AI of 5.1 of concern?  Would different settings help this.  At my previous sleep study I was OSA with no central component I know of.  Thanks for your help!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Settings on Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto
You really need to use OSCAR to see when and where your events are occurring.  The numbers don't show if it is a positional problem, or they are scattered thought the night.   You might try setting the "Trigger" setting to High or Very High, in an attempt to reduce the CAs, but this is just a guess without seeing detailed data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 4 98 Yesterday, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 16,988 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 109 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 996 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 157 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 697 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 156 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.