Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flecainide
RE: Flecainide
Go ahead and get a copy of the clinical manual from here https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual Once you access the menu, you should be able to see your mode which will be S, Auto or CPAP. If you are in auto mode, the settings are EPAP min, PS min, PS max and maximum pressure or IPAP. Alternatively or better post a Sleepyhead chart with the settings, and it will be pretty obvious. I think the pressure support may make things easier and more comfortable for you, but if it is set at 2, that is pretty low.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flecainide
Good news! SleepyHead 1.1.0-unstable-2 on Xubuntu gobbled up last night's data from my new BIPAP. And here are the machine settings:

PAP Mode:Auto Bi-Level (Variable PS)
Min EPAP:15.00 cmH2O
Max IPAP:25.00 cmH2O
PS Min:2.00 cmH2O
PS Max:8.00 cmH2O

I've also ordered the clinician manual, thanks for reminding me. That may help me understand things a little better. When I look at pressures I find myself still thinking in terms of one pressure.

As for the data from last night, my AHI was 6.04 and large leak was over 17%, with time over leak redline at 78%. But that was my fault. When I put on the new mask and turned on the machine everything felt so comfortable, and the mask didn't seem to be leaking, so I decided to see if I could get away without the chinstrap. Obviously, a bad idea.

Also, the technician was just following what the NP had prescribed, and I think the NP set the PS Min at 2cm because he knew that I never used things like ramps and other comfort features. And indeed, last night was very comfortable. And I note that it did go up to 3cm and stay there for most of the night.

As is always the case with SA, I need more data, but it looks good so far.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.