Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Snore/Spiking graph data/Sleepyhead
Snore/Spiking graph data/Sleepyhead
Jan is now 5 days on BiPAP AND Sleepyhead and I'm trying to understand the data from Sleepyhead.

Her AHI is doing very well with her current setup. However I'm trying to understand the data, so I can help her better.

Last night's AHI was 1.79 ... which is about the average so far. Great!

However, last night she spent about 45 minutes in "snore mode" "... longer than usual. However, different from previous "snore" periods, most of the graphs spiked apparently in response to the "snore". Since I watch the leak rate closely ... I noticed that it had spiked quite a bit (64) for almost 20 minutes solid. Pretty unusual.

The question is: why did most everything spike in response to the snore and in particular the amount of leak?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

John

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Snore/Spiking graph data/Sleepyhead
Hi John,

Over analyzing a small sample can often lead you astray. If a correlation had to be make between snoring and mask leakage, it would be hard to make a case for snoring causing leaks but easy to make one for leaks causing snoring. Leaks have even been know to make sounds like snoring and possibly fool the software into scoring it improperly.

i suggest addressing the leak problem and ignoring the snoring data until you get a larger sampling to judge from. You're doing a great job by watching the data closely. Congrats
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2014, 02:49 PM)johnprz Wrote: However, last night she spent about 45 minutes in "snore mode" "... longer than usual. However, different from previous "snore" periods, most of the graphs spiked apparently in response to the "snore". Since I watch the leak rate closely ... I noticed that it had spiked quite a bit (64) for almost 20 minutes solid. Pretty unusual.

If the leak is big enough, the machine can't maintain enough pressure to stop the snoring.

If you can take care of the leak, the rest will probably take care of itself (assuming the pressure settings are correct).

Once the leak is gone, if everything else doesn't quiet down, you might need to get the pressures changed.

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
John, she's doing really great! Tell her "good job" for us. The chart you posted shows a goofy little leak event, but nothing to be concerned about.

What would be more interesting to me, is a breakdown of how many OA's, CA's, and Hypop's she is experiencing over the course of the night.

And most importantly, how is she feeling? Leaping tall buildings in a single bound yet? Or maybe gingerly jumping over little buildings?

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree about reading too much into a small sample of data. Keep watching and see where the data leads you (her).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 253 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 285 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Taking Home sleep test with snore guard HenryECole81 2 702 10-27-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: eok361
  Woke up feeling absolutely awful - OSCAR graph analysis really appreciated new2paphopeful 2 697 10-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  OSCAR Graph Question Events Flags/AHI Bob Cali 3 477 09-28-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.