Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] SnoreMender - Anyone know if it works
SnoreMender - Anyone know if it works
I saw an advertisement for SnoreMender, a dental device which fits into the mouth. Anyone knows if this works for sleep apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SnoreMender - Anyone know if it works
Hi jake,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Dental appliances don't have a great track record with sleep apnea, some people hav used them with mixed results I think.
I don't know about the particular one you are asking about though but hang in there for more responses to your post.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jakeconnor
I've not seen the ad. your S9 Elite record any snoring and shown on ResScan (quiet to loud)
If one snore while on CPAP, might indicate therapy is not optimal yet

Post Reply Post Reply
I would not buy a "one size fits all" dental device. From the looks of it, it works by pushing the lower jaw forward, bringing the tongue forward and hopefully decreasing the chance of the airway closing. There's an increase risk of teeth issues, jaw issues, and no way of knowing if it is working except an oximeter (which only shows if the blood O2 drops, not if an apnea event happens).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have seen Snoremender advertised, but don't know anyone who has used them.
I used to use Breathe Right strips a long time ago. They did help me with snoring and breathing, but maybe I should have been on a CPAP then too. They are not inexpensive for what how many you get in a box (they can only be used once), but there are cheaper ones out there- Rite Aid Pharmacy for one has their own version.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 503 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  The collar works for me! CROWMAN 16 2,135 01-09-2021, 05:50 PM
Last Post: OutandBack
  Mouth taping, What tape works best for you? yankees123 30 4,542 04-05-2020, 09:59 AM
Last Post: yankees123
Exclaimation [News] New Poll is in the Works PollCat 10 1,860 11-18-2019, 09:17 AM
Last Post: mper6794
  AirCurve Trigger high works well for me but why? yrnkrn 3 1,478 06-24-2019, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  s/o SH and the ResMed Oximeter (it works!) Spy Car 37 10,840 06-20-2019, 10:26 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  therapy ever stop working after it works for a while? logit 4 1,141 01-15-2019, 09:15 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.