Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie; the Good the BAD and the Ugly
RE: Newbie; the Good the BAD and the Ugly
(03-21-2018, 02:22 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: I would turn onOFF the EPR as Sleeprider suggests as well, I didn't notice you didn't have it turned on.
This might help with smother breathing and help with centrals.

Fixed.  Off or 1.  The setting at 3 is just overstimulating your respiration and driving down CO2, resulting in the centrals.  Not serious, but easily fixed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks @sleeprider I will be trying the lower epr level and limits now! Off for a nap...I know that is probably not a good idea but I am soooo tired! Even an hour or two would help.

And thanks @sleepsnore! I did have it set to three (the machine came set to one...I changed it to three based upon some things that I read).

Will post up the chart later on.

Thanks again everyone! I am so grateful for your suggestions. I want to get this dialed in as quickly as I can!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well - a little better but still not great! Changed epr to one and settings to 5-10. Also changed from nasal to pillows. I do think that 2 of the CA events took place before I dozed off...you can see the breathing pattern change after 2:30pm.

Tonight I will  try turning the EPR off totally....it is strange though that I would have two perfect sessions (ahi under one and the other at zero) with the EPR at three and settings 6-12 ...that seems illogical to me.

I am attaching my Sleepyhead info - hopefully it is showing properly in the post.I tried right clicking and no options came up... [attachment=5023][attachment=5024][attachment=5025][attachment=5026] [attachment=5027]

Maybe there are some insights in the charts! Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I suggested you would see about a 70% improvement, and that's exactly what you got on a short session. Give it some time, this doesn't look bad.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you @sleeprider! Yes! I am probably a little impatient, methinks! Thank you again for the suggestion! Hopefully tonight will see a positive trajectory as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed during your nap that you have a lot of flow limitations that are driving your pressure up. You might want to try dropping the maximum pressure down to 9cm and see if that helps also.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
OK  @wallawalla! Will do! Although I would like to understand what that means...if you have a sec could you explain? The sleepyhead index gives this explanation " Flow Limitation is a partial obstruction of the airway as detected by a change in the shape of the flow signal."  which honestly does not help me understand how a higher setting could be partially at fault...SO much to learn!!
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason I would drop the pressure is to help with the CA events. The flow limitations aren't caused by the higher pressure. The machines are programed to increase pressure when flow limitations are detected. This is to prevent Hypopneas and obstructive apnea events from forming. In your case your getting flow limitations but it's not turning into OA and H events. In this case it's worth a shot to drop the maximum limit and see if you can further reduce the CA events without any additional obstructive events forming.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks @walla walla! Not sure I totally grasp what you are saying...but that said - my settings are lowered! Incredibly grateful to you and the rest of the AB crew! Unfortunately my doc and DME provider (Apria - WORST DME PROVIDER IN THE WORLD! This is another story) are providing less expertise than what I would expect. I had my sleep study and mask fitting - and now I have my machine. And that is pretty much all the help from them that I have had to date. And so it goes...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good cervical collar for large (20 inch) necks Fox66 2 66 04-21-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Is my 95% pressure stat good or...? Hone 7 215 04-20-2024, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 6 113 04-20-2024, 03:42 AM
Last Post: erouting
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 215 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 157 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 10 794 04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 126 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.