Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Starting to lose it.
RE: Starting to lose it.
I agree that both nights look great, and what they share in common is that you go immediately from your minimum pressure of 5. to your maximum pressure of 9, and you stay there. Your machine might as well be in CPAP mode at 9.0 with ramp from 5.0. It might be interesting to see the flow limitation graph in your case. You are getting very very good results and I don't see a need for any changes but if I was seeing any events or RERA, I would move you to 8-14 pressure and possibly keep the ramp if pressure is disturbing to you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=2100]Last night I changed my APAP settings to 7-10 and my AHI was 1.53 I have attached the flow limitation data for the night. I would appreciate an interpretation if possible.

James
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2016, 05:47 PM)JamesW Wrote: I have attached a couple of screen shots from a good night and a not so good night...
lol, those are both excellent nights, you have nothing to worry about Smile!

Post Reply Post Reply
Again, you have no significant issues. The CA events are normal and can probably be tossed. The hypopnea index is very acceptable at under .5/hour. Flow limitation is quite low now, but that is what keeps pushing your pressure higher. Once again your average pressure is right at the max you have set. I had suggested allowing up to 14, just to see where it would go and how you'd feel, but you're well treated, so no need to change anything.

I'll ask again, how are you feeling? The data can be a big distraction to what is really important, and that is your quality of sleep and sense of well-being.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2016, 05:39 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Again, you have no significant issues. The CA events are normal and can probably be tossed. The hypopnea index is very acceptable at under .5/hour. Flow limitation is quite low now, but that is what keeps pushing your pressure higher. Once again your average pressure is right at the max you have set. I had suggested allowing up to 14, just to see where it would go and how you'd feel, but you're well treated, so no need to change anything.

I'll ask again, how are you feeling? The data can be a big distraction to what is really important, and that is your quality of sleep and sense of well-being.

I am waking up fairly rested for a 59 y/o with some lung issues. I do trail walking, at a fairly hard pace for about an hour three days a week, so my health has improved. I do worry, too much, about my CPAP treatment however it is still early days as I only started in late November. I have my first follow up with my sleep doctor tomorrow. Thanks for the advice and info.

James

Post Reply Post Reply

I am fairly new but have quickly learned that what has made a huge impact is the following:

1) stop worrying about settings and stuff, I get paranoid and easily get anxiety, anxiety forces my chest to affect my breathing by giving me pressure on my cheast and shortness of breath, I have to just " let it go" and " let God".

2) sleeping on my side.

3) Eating no later than 2 hrs before bed, digestion during my sleep just kills my sleep.

4) Having a very light dinner and a cup of relaxing tea.

I hope my experience helps you.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 18 847 04-16-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 167 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 0 75 04-13-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  Starting Again wxmcpo 10 137 04-10-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 14 842 03-30-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: redking2436
  Seeing large number of clear airway events after starting new medication PapaColin 5 361 01-20-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Ohmy Aerophagia is making me lose my mind urachan 9 887 01-01-2024, 05:01 AM
Last Post: airwaystent

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.