Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Starting treatment tonight - some questions.
RE: Starting treatment tonight - some questions.
6 - 16 sounds like a good place to start. You probably will have to adjust any way. Most people do.

Sure try the chin strap. Make sure you don't make it too tight. You should be able to open your jaw if need be.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi taha,
It's great to hear that you got a machine and I wish you good luck on your first night.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Best wishes for your first night!!

I wouldn't use the chin strap right off. That was my first thought too (cervical collar), but the 2nd DME I went to suggested that I try it without and I'm glad that I listened to her. I did wake up one night with my mouth open, but I was automatically doing the 'tongue thing' that prevents the air from coming out. Smile

You have enough things to get used to and the chin strap or cervical collar is just one more thing. I've currently been trying to use a cervical collar (for positional reasons, not open mouth) but have found that it is making my situation worse. It presses against the side of my neck and I have more obstructions with it than without it. If you find that you actually DO sleep with your mouth open, then you could try the strap or collar approach.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2017, 03:32 PM)taha Wrote: Hello again guys. So I have got my hands on a Resmed Airsense S10 Autoset with humidifier, heated tube and a Resmed Autofit N10 nasal mask.

Hot diggedy dog! That was quick.

I’m too new at this to give you advice, but

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you wake up with a dry mouth? If so, you may need a chin strap.

If the humidity is high enough where you are, you may not need the humidifier. I don't use mine most of the year and only use it when the heat is on so the air is dry. Where I live is humid enough.

Any changes you make when you start, make note of them. Yes, SleepyHead will keep track of it for you but I like to have it written out where I can see it without going into the software.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2017, 03:32 PM)taha Wrote: Hello again guys. So I have got my hands on a Resmed Airsense S10 Autoset with humidifier, heated tube and a Resmed Autofit N10 nasal mask.

I just discovered via a post on this forum that the ResMed N10 (and N20, which I've been using) masks should be used with the machine setting on PILLOWS not on Nasal.

It is hard to believe, but the information is buried in the technical specifications portion of the ResMed users guides for these masks.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello all. Firstly, thanks to all the posters for helping out.

So my experience for the first night was good. I could tolerate the pressures. The mask was a bit itchy and leaked over the sides of my nose when i turned to my side, but nothing that I couldnt stop by adjusting the mask or the straps. I slept relatively well, except I woke up at around 730 in the morning with no mask on. I couldnt remember when I had taken it off. So i put it back on and tried to sleep, but this time, sleep was not very deep.

I do remember an out of breath event sometime later which woke me up. I looked at sleepyhead and it shows that the pressure was only about 10. Does this mean I am a light sleeper and that I get awoken by minor events?

Here is my SleepyHead data from the first night. [Image: N7vOY0x.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you also post the left side information? Also check at the bottom left and make sure you have all your event flags showing green.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: zTyCuSJ.png]

[Image: 5CaKWQZ.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good! You probably can move the minimum pressure up to 7 and drop the max pressure down to 12. That seems to be your range.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 18 837 04-16-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 158 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  EPR questions juniper 5 190 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 168 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 139 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 0 74 04-13-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  Starting Again wxmcpo 10 135 04-10-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.