Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Starting treatment tonight - some questions.
RE: Starting treatment tonight - some questions.
Nice. That looks like a great first night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2017, 08:56 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Looks good! You probably can move the minimum pressure up to 7 and drop the max pressure down to 12. That seems to be your range.

Great thanks. I will give that a try.

Just worried that although there was just 1 flagged OS event, it still cause a wakening, which for me doesnt bode well because with the associated anxiety i find it hard to go back to sleep. 

Dont you think the machine took too long to respond?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2017, 09:10 AM)kingstar Wrote: Nice. That looks like a great first night.

I guess it was, and I am grateful for it. Could have been worse.

I'm still a bit anxious. Worried about that 1 event. I woke up from it. Shouldn't the machine have kicked in sooner? 

I feel as if I am still wearing the mask, like a phantom mask syndrome. I guess it will take time to improve.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine did react by raising the pressure to prevent more events. People with no sleep apnea would have one or two events throughout the night. One event is a non issue. Your doing great. Just try and relax the machine is doing it's job.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Walla Walla. Fingers crossed for the second night.
Post Reply Post Reply
By accident, I figured out that the CPAP allayed anxious feelings. It must settle down the breathing or something. I have a P10, so the mask isn't overwhelming my face. A couple of times, I've reached for it during the day and had a little visit with the CPAP. Calm! descends...

You might, in the end, find that this works for you, too.

This is all new to me, too.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello guys. Below is my SleepyHead data from Night 2 and 3. 

I have 3 questions:

1. Can you identify REM sleep from the graphs?
  2. Why am still feeling mildly tired. Is it because sleep quantity is less?
  3. I am still having plenty of wakenings. I feel perhaps in part thats why I am feeling tired. Why cant i sleep through the night for six hour straight. Dont know if this can be determined from the data posted below.
NIGHT 2

[Image: UnZZ3pq.png]

NIGHT 3

[Image: mBxx3Np.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
1- no.
2 - you just started. Give it time. Medication can often take time to work. Almost any treatment takes time to work. Same with xPAP treatment.
3 - no clue. Research sleep hygiene. And perhaps talk to your GP about it. There are sleep medications that you can take either long or short term to help reset your rhythm. I have chronic insomnia mixed with a screwy sleep pattern. I use Ambien to help reset my internal clock. I take it for several days in a row to force my brain to shut up and let me sleep. There are also time released sleep meds that help you to go to sleep then keep you there.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Paula. It just takes time. No way to determine REM without an EEG trace. I think many of us awaken at night, and falling back to sleep can be easy or hard. You suffer from some anxiety, so that may be part of it, however your results look fantastic.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow Taha

What amazing first nights results. It pays to have good machinery and information obtained on this board before launching into buying equipment as you and other have shown. It took me weeks to reach there and many many months of broken night sleep before SR and others took it in hand and advised on comfort before all else.

You seem to have nailed it already to have numbers below 1!!

Well done.

AI
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 58 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 284 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 200 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.