Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Still fatigued, history, are these CAs real?
RE: Still fatigued, history, are these CAs real?
Look into a weighted blanket if you haven't tried one yet. Keeps me from moving around so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
What to watch.
All the standard apnea, obstructive and central defined events.
Flow Limits
Not expecting issues but Tidal volume, minute Vent, respiration rate, shift in inspiratory vs expiratory ratio.
O2 levels, I forgot that one.
and a blue oval type chart.  I liked that one for seeing what is going on.

edit, and Leaks as they represent venting at the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
A single section of 6-9inch tube is only 58 mL of rebreathing space. Don't be too disappointed if another section or two is needed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, this didn't work. I put the EERS extension on and discovered that the Corr-A-Flex tubing appears contaminated -- air flowing through it gets an incredibly strong, musty/moldy odor. I don't think it's safe to breathe that. I'll be getting some more tubing from another source.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
While you are sorting out parts, you might enjoy reading about another member that just started EERS http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Now?page=2
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like EERS is becoming quite the "in" thing, at least here on the forum.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if it's an "in" thing, but it works well for some people willing to try it out and fabricate the EERS. The results have become pretty predictable, improving respiratory volume and drive while reducing CA events. It sure beats paying for ASV in marginal cases of CAI.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
While I wait for the new Corr-A-Flex tubing, I am continuing to lower pressure to see what happens.  Last night I used 8.8 - 8.8 with EPR=3.  I am beginning to see a few OAs. Here is the whole graph and the 3 OAs from last night as well as the usual sample of H and CA.

Do you have comment on the OAs?

Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
The OA event here is not anything to be worried about. I think you are approaching the minimum effective pressure, and once we get EERS up and running, you may be increasing pressure a bit and adding in EPR. I think bonjour will agree that with EERS the exhale pressure relief should be tolerated without CA, and I think you will see improvement in the flow limitation. I think that was his original intention.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, EERS to fight the CA and a higher EPR to address the flow limitations. To deal with both I expect either the 12 or 18 inch deal space segments to be needed, but one step at a time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Real or False CAs? SingingWolf 3 284 03-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,805 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
Ohmy 3 years APAP, still fatigued and brainfogged meatwagon42 6 883 11-06-2023, 03:54 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  AHI low but still feel extremely fatigued. saiyangod 5 723 10-19-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  [CPAP] WORST SLEEP APNEA IN RECORDED HISTORY, plzzz help! memoryNada786 23 2,802 09-11-2023, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Mjadalak
  0.0 AHI - Fragmented Sleep and Waking Fatigued Korgunaard 10 1,374 09-08-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  P10 reporting leaks even when there are no real leaks Michaely6 14 2,568 08-07-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: JasonR

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.