Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Struggling with treatment - did I have central sleep apnea all along?
RE: Struggling with treatment - did I have central sleep apnea all along?
ethereal,

I do not see the time. Hypopneas is a partial obstruction in breathing, there is a more specific definition.

Do you feel leaking.

I would increase the pressure by at least one. You reach at your maximum set pressure.

Your question: [Do you have any tips you've learnt for yourself to address poor sleep? I'm such a bad sleeper, I don't know what it is. I can fall asleep in 5-15 mins, but then in the second half of the night it feels like I'm waking up every 10 minutes!]

Good Luck with that.

In your sleep scan the wake (black lines) is still happening, just not as often on cpap.

I am still working on it. I have found covering my eyes (complete darkness) helps a lot, and
I increase my pressure to have the least events possible, because I wake up to often.

Try EPR turned off.

I feel I got a bit less wake ups/deeper sleep with a larger mask. Full face, not covering eyes just a large area in the mouth and nose area. The larger the area the better the results.

Have you heard of a weighted blanket that may help. I have yet to try it but it helps someone else I know.

Have you thought of using the OSCAR software?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KeepSmiling’s Book 2, ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Adventure/Treatment KeepSmiling 40 1,053 9 hours ago
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  SPO2 drops during treatment dwedward 10 452 Yesterday, 08:42 AM
Last Post: withtao
Question [CPAP] New to all this, trying to make sense and better my treatment SleeplessNSeattle 48 1,128 11-20-2022, 07:40 PM
Last Post: SleeplessNSeattle
  Partner is struggling with CPAP Couchpartner12 9 385 11-18-2022, 12:38 AM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  Help with treatment please Userfriendly 2 212 11-16-2022, 11:39 PM
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 802 34,533 11-11-2022, 09:34 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Health] Sleep Apnea with parasomnia Funktastic 2 176 11-04-2022, 03:40 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.