Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Struggling with treatment - did I have central sleep apnea all along?
RE: Struggling with treatment - did I have central sleep apnea all along?
ethereal,

I do not see the time. Hypopneas is a partial obstruction in breathing, there is a more specific definition.

Do you feel leaking.

I would increase the pressure by at least one. You reach at your maximum set pressure.

Your question: [Do you have any tips you've learnt for yourself to address poor sleep? I'm such a bad sleeper, I don't know what it is. I can fall asleep in 5-15 mins, but then in the second half of the night it feels like I'm waking up every 10 minutes!]

Good Luck with that.

In your sleep scan the wake (black lines) is still happening, just not as often on cpap.

I am still working on it. I have found covering my eyes (complete darkness) helps a lot, and
I increase my pressure to have the least events possible, because I wake up to often.

Try EPR turned off.

I feel I got a bit less wake ups/deeper sleep with a larger mask. Full face, not covering eyes just a large area in the mouth and nose area. The larger the area the better the results.

Have you heard of a weighted blanket that may help. I have yet to try it but it helps someone else I know.

Have you thought of using the OSCAR software?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 8 368 34 minutes ago
Last Post: Humancyclone7
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 141 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 12 2,667 04-13-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Cannabis treating central apneas? ashwa 17 2,569 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  New to CPAP and struggling with my mask. jmswjunk4 2 85 04-11-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 227 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 203 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.