Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Tempurature for humidifier?
Hi everyone! I am new and was wondering what i should have my humidifier set at. I have a ResMed S9 Series and have been waking up with terrible nose congestion. I set it to 78 degrees last night. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have never had to sleep with a humidifier before and not sure what to set it to. I also wear a Mirage FX for her. Thank you in advance for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, jodiramm. Check out this thread; it will provide insight into your issue:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...adjustment
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you really need the humidifier during the warm seasons of the year? When I use the humidifier, I set the temperature a couple of degrees higher than I set the room temperature.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply

Hi jodiramm, First, WELCOME! to the forum.! Maybe you need to turn your humidity itself up a notch and not the temperature, it's difficult to say, since this is to each individual's preference, (trial and error,) I find that I need humidity year round, others don't. Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
When I was using a nasal mask, too cool of a temperature blowing onto my upper lip, did bother me. I therefore adjusted the temperature to be a bit above room temperature.
Now that I am using nasal pillows, the temperature doesn't matter as much. In the summer, I keep both the temperature and humdidity on the lowest settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation Humidifier Question Newbee2016 27 1,292 53 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  PRS1 760 Auto BiPAP Humidifier holden4th 3 111 03-14-2017, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Do you use a humidifier? zonk 31 7,357 02-24-2017, 10:37 PM
Last Post: gshock
  Proper water for CPAP humidifier...? S.L. Ping Beauty 15 1,110 02-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Last Post: SleeplessinPgh
  [Equipment] ResMed H5i humidifier heating query Ceedy 8 280 02-15-2017, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Ceedy
  Water Changing in H5i Heated Humidifier ppca 6 431 02-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Septoplasty with APAP and humidifier? alisa 7 354 01-18-2017, 11:08 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred