Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Tonkachonk's therapy thread
RE: Tonkachonk's therapy thread
The response to EPR or pressure support is very individual. I think you have figured out a very good path forward to restrict pressure variations, but continue to use the SCC. I can't predict the effect soft response might have, and can only suggest you try implementing one idea at a time to allow you to differentiate what is making a difference.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Uploading my last few nights since I changed the pressure settings.

First two nights I had some large leak issues. Last night, after I tightened the mask some, had no large leaks. AHI was 3, but that is almost all in the first hour of sleep. After that "therapy onset CA" issue that I have, I had an entire 6 hrs of sleep with no events, then only a couple events for the last 1.5 hrs! I am really starting to feel pretty good about my sleep and though I am very tired when I wake up, I am noticeably more clear headed during the day. It has improved my work and personal life already.

I do notice I have some flow limitation and the pressure does flatline a little bit. Also, I am still having some CAs randomly when the pressure hasn't recently even risen at all, I am guessing there isn't much I can do about those. And of course, still a big therapy onset CA and RERA cluster but I guess I can only hope for those to go away as I get more used to the therapy. I don't mind that hour sucking if the rest of the time is good as I got no good sleep before the CPAP.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Tonka - Looking at post #12, I notice the centrals on August 4 are all at the beginning of the night within ~20 minutes after turning the machine on. Are you absolutely certain you were asleep? Perhaps you are one of the lucky ones that fall asleep quickly. But if you were not asleep -- they don't count. Remember this is SLEEP apnea. Many people have times during the day when they don't breathe for 10-15 seconds -- concentrating on a project, reading, watching a suspenseful TV show or movie, etc. Also, it is worthwhile looking at the EVENTS tab to see how long the centrals lasted. If they are 10-15 seconds, shrug and move on. Just my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2022, 10:06 PM)clownbell Wrote: Tonka - Looking at post #12, I notice the centrals on August 4 are all at the beginning of the night within ~20 minutes after turning the machine on. Are you absolutely certain you were asleep? Perhaps you are one of the lucky ones that fall asleep quickly. But if you were not asleep -- they don't count. Remember this is SLEEP apnea. Many people have times during the day when they don't breathe for 10-15 seconds -- concentrating on a project, reading, watching a suspenseful TV show or movie, etc. Also, it is worthwhile looking at the EVENTS tab to see how long the centrals lasted. If they are 10-15 seconds, shrug and move on. Just my opinion.

I do fall asleep. Usually take a melatonin and it kicks in about a half hour later and I fall asleep within 10 minutes of putting the mask on. Lucky me I guess!

And ya, they are on the short side. Since there is no obvious solution as I have no ramp or EPR, I will just stay as is. Especially considering how great last night was with only 2 events outside of that initial hour, I am probably getting as good sleep as I can get.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night, a bit more OA here and there, and some of it happening when I am at or very near max pressure. I am going to change from min 8 max 12, to min 9 max 13, for a few nights and see how that goes.

Just have to say, overall, I am sleeping great and feeling wonderful, just trying to fine tune at this point. Thanks to this whole community for being a resource of making sure I get a good CPAP machine, how to find the right mask and fix other issues. This place is invaluable especially when you have practitioners that can only give you 15 minutes of their time every three months.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,058 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 151 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 249 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,261 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,333 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 950 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,194 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.