Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Treating UARS with CPAP and bilevel
RE: UARS and APAP
Thinking some more, I think I'll take path 2.

Back off to PS 4, and increase by 0.2 only after I have, say, three days in a row of good sleep (without those prominent wake ups you see in the second screenshot), until I get to 6, and then (if I get there), stabilize for a longer period.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good idea. I also found PS 4 was a bit aggressive for my needs and while the CA events were not that disruptive, a setting of 3.6 ended up being better. This kind of self-advocacy and thinking through problems reflects your arrival to graduation Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Slowriter
Your case and quest  look very interesting to me; It appears similar to mine. My main curiosity this moment is why you are having so many arousals/awakenings; have to confirm this though. Then, I was wondering If you could repost your Sept, 2th (good night sleep as said) and some 5 ten-minutes windows (running FR contrasts), with the following curves and scales, top > downward, If you don't mind: pressures; FR (-120 to 120), FL (compressed), Tidal Volume (max 1000, with the median reference line; essential!), and leak.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2019, 11:34 AM)mper6794 Wrote: ... My main curiosity this moment is why you are having so many arousals/awakenings; have to confirm this though.

You and me both; the big mystery still!

Quote:Then, I was wondering If you could repost your Sept, 2th (good night sleep as said) and some 5 ten-minutes windows (running FR contrasts), with the following curves and scales, top > downward, If you don't mind: pressures; FR (-120 to 120), FL (compressed), Tidal Volume (max 1000, with the median reference line; essential!), and leak.

Attached.

Keep in mind "good" is relative at this point. On this night, I made it through the night without obvious arousal, but that doesn't mean I felt rested next day.

But last night, with PS 4, no such luck; not a good night.

[attachment=15291]    
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I misunderstood your request on the "windows;" let me know if you need more.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops; also initially made a mistake on the daily overview, so removed it. Corrected here, but as you'll see, very low FLs at this point.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, things start become more clear: very large number of arousals/awakenings, preventing proper sleep phase transtions; very low sleep efficiency......no way to be rested. It appears majority of them associated, following closely, flow restrictions (non-flagged) episodes. Still would need see 10min-duration windows to go furhter on possible interpretations, particularly running/embracing contrasts in FR/TV.
Did you have PLM's from your lab studies?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a few at 10 minutes.

PLM index was 0.9.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2019, 02:59 PM)slowriter Wrote: Here's a few at 10 minutes.

PLM was negative (as in, they noted no evidence of it).

By the way, the central apnea in your second picture is not a real one. Just look at the tidal volume. You took a couple of deep breaths and you waited before inhaling again which is perfectly normal. Actually, you did not have a central apnea event, you woke up. The fact that the breaths are really straight with no pause between the inhalation and the exhalation confirms that it's likely an arousal and not a central apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW, the one thing I now only vaguely remember, came in a conversation with the tech, after the titration study, so as I waking up, and not remembering details.

I think I may have been asking about the arousals, and I think she mentioned something like possibly I had "REM leakage"?

As I say, I don't remember the term for sure, and I don't see anything like this on the AB wiki acronym list. But does turn up on google, though not enough for me to be clear what that is.

I haven't seen the formal report yet.

For comparison, attaching overall view at PS 6,

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 908 14 minutes ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 149 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 54 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 610 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 193 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,953 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 77 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.