Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Treating UARS with CPAP and bilevel
RE: UARS and APAP
Attaching a redacted copy of the two summary pages.

I omitted the hypnogram in the graph post above, and the empty OA and H sections. Are those helpful to add back here?

There's no other mention of arousals beyond that graph, except a comment on the summary that I had a lot of them that screwed up the EEG.

Oops; technical problems. Removing for now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2019, 12:01 PM)alexp Wrote: Most of you RERA at 6 were happening while sleeping on your right side. When you were lying on your back, you RERAs number went down. 

Any thoughts on why that might be? Seems counter-intuitive to me based on everything I've read.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2019, 12:23 PM)slowriter Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 12:01 PM)alexp Wrote: Most of you RERA at 6 were happening while sleeping on your right side. When you were lying on your back, you RERAs number went down. 

Any thoughts on why that might be? Seems counter-intuitive to me based on everything I've read.

No idea. It may be a coincidence though. You didn't sleep on your right side for a long time
Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, you really didn't spend a lot of time in deep sleep (N3). No wonder you feel tired even though your AHI is close to 0.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2019, 12:57 PM)alexp Wrote: By the way, you really didn't spend a lot of time in deep sleep (N3). No wonder you feel tired even though your AHI is close to 0.

Got my Dreem headband today, so can now track this over time!

I guess at 50, N3 should be what; 15-20%?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2019, 12:15 PM)slowriter Wrote: Attaching a redacted copy of the two summary pages.

I omitted the hypnogram in the graph post above, and the empty OA and H sections. Are those helpful to add back here?

There's no other mention of arousals beyond that graph, except a comment on the summary that I had a lot of them that screwed up the EEG.

Oops; technical problems. Removing for now.

Problems solved. Attaching here.

Correction on the arousals point. It does distinguish spontaneous arousals vs RERAs.

Post Reply Post Reply
Getting a lot of reported clear airway events again, but almost all correspond to periods of wide TV fluctuation, and while awake, so I'm thinking they're not centrals.

What about these two examples? Neither centrals?

Post Reply Post Reply
No central here, in my opinion....just artefacts following arousals/awakenigs.

good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Two nights with the Dreem is beginning to show a pattern that my awakenings correspond to (with one minor exception) REM stage. If this pattern holds, it's good to know, though not sure what to do about, other than to give it time?

Any other ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO the first one is not a central, note the larger breath following the event. At the very least it is questionable.

The second is a Central note the rapid breathing prior to the event. That would flush the CO2 out of the system. Chemoreceptors use the pCO2 of the blood as the main driver for breathing. This is one of the known causes of Central apnea

Be aware that Central apnea can and does occur during both asleep and awake states. Because when it occurs when we are awake does not make it non-apnea, it only means that we in general don't care about it because it's not Sleep Apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to Bilevel and lots of CAs Thorne88 0 36 2 hours ago
Last Post: Thorne88
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 87 10 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 986 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 633 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 203 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,977 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.