Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Treating UARS with CPAP and bilevel
RE: UARS and APAP
(09-25-2019, 10:21 AM)slowriter Wrote: I have done a preliminary review of the video for two nights, and I don't see any evidence of PLM so far.

The only relationship I see between video and flow rate graph is that weirdness in the latter corresponds to when I change positions (say, supine to side).

I'll take another closer look later, when I have more time, but I'm pretty sure based on this, plus the two sleep studies, I do not have PLMD.

Well, slowriter,
at first, it looks very interesting and great news ! 
Let us wait for your closer look later. While on this, it might worth paying close attention, if not already, on your upper limbs (arms, torso, chin,...) during moments tha antecede your change in positions.

Also, it would be interesting close look whether there would be a pattern on changing positions, in particular supine to side. Hopefuly, your moves would be only respiratory-driven ones, eventually easier to treat.

Your waveforms  would be also always wellcome, so that we could keep on learning from your case.

Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a little searching for academic articles on treatment-induced CSA, and came across this helpful article, to try to better understand it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3700705/

Discusses mask leaks as one of the contributors. That could explain why I saw a large drop in AHI and CSA when I switched masks, which also reduced leaks.

Doesn't explain the subsequent increase again, but still helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is really fascinating --- thanks so much for sharing the link.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good article, thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't have time to go into that article more, but I encourage anyone dealing with treatment-emergent CSA, UARS, etc. to read it. It goes into a number of different factors beyond mask leakage that can impact CSA. 

One little note they have towards the end, referring to another study, has prompted me to ask my doc for a low-dose prescription for eszopiclone, to see what impact that has on quality of sleep and frequency of reported CSAs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2019, 11:46 AM)slowriter Wrote: BTW, I just ordered a Dreem 2 headband, which includes EEG and pulse ox sensors and data reporting. Do I even need a recorder with that data?

Hi, slowriter
Could you please give some more characteristis of your device,  so that i can acquire sharply....i think i go for one of those, aiming at an "ultimate" understanding of my awakenings and moves.
Many thanks.... Best wishes
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2019, 06:16 AM)mper6794 Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 11:46 AM)slowriter Wrote: BTW, I just ordered a Dreem 2 headband, which includes EEG and pulse ox sensors and data reporting. Do I even need a recorder with that data?

Hi, slowriter
Could you please give some more characteristis of your device,  so that i can acquire sharply....i think i go for one of those, aiming at an "ultimate" understanding of my awakenings and moves.

There's an extensive review with all the details. Do a search for dreem 2, sleepgadgets

I'm still a little unsure how fine-grained their current reporting of arousals are (they do report some, but not sure the criteria they use, and so what they don't report), but they told me they're working on improving it.

Question for mods: is it OK for me to post a referral code for the Dreem? I can't tell from the forum rules.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2019, 06:37 AM)slowriter Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 06:16 AM)mper6794 Wrote:

Hi, slowriter

I'm still a little unsure how fine-grained their current reporting of arousals are (they do report some, but not sure the criteria they use, and so what they don't report), but they told me they're working on improving it.

Question for mods: is it OK for me to post a referral code for the Dreem? I can't tell from the forum rules.
.. Sorry...i had forgotten on rules. 
Maybe you Could e-mail me something.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
slowriter Wrote:Question for mods: is it OK for me to post a referral code for the Dreem? I can't tell from the forum rules.

Yes, you can post a code in the commercial post forum: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Commercial-Posts

You can name the company but please do not include a link.
Post Reply Post Reply
.... thanks for the directions. I have enough on the device, for now.

I am preparing my First thread on my case. Just wait for some more outcomes on my recent experiences with PLM's medications. That's include this night before whithout the BPAP; let us see!
All the best
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 2 105 30 minutes ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New to Bilevel and lots of CAs Thorne88 2 72 2 hours ago
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 995 Yesterday, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 178 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 634 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 205 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,988 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.