Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Treating UARS with CPAP and bilevel
RE: UARS and APAP
(09-29-2019, 06:37 AM)slowriter Wrote: Question for mods: is it OK for me to post a referral code for the Dreem? I can't tell from the forum rules.

slowriter,
You can post a referral code in the Commercial Posts Forum.  
A description or link to an informational page is fine, but no commercial links showing sales.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This, from Dr Barry Krakow, has been puzzling me a 5-month while"...
"The Link between SDB and Leg Jerks The great controversy about RLS and PLMD is their relationship to SDB. Many patients with RLS and PLMD also suffer from SDB, especially upper airway resistance events. In sleep studies in some of these patients, recent research shows that the movement occurred at the end of a UARS event. Remarkably, when these patients received PAP therapy, their leg jerks decreased as air pressure normalized breathing. Of further interest, research also has shown the opposite result, in which a PLMD patient with SDB was treated with a medication to eliminate leg jerks, which then stabilized sleep and eliminated".
GL
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2019, 07:01 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 06:37 AM)slowriter Wrote: Question for mods: is it OK for me to post a referral code for the Dreem? I can't tell from the forum rules.

slowriter,
You can post a referral code in the Commercial Posts Forum.  
A description or link to an informational page is fine, but no commercial links showing sales.

Ok, thanks.

I've added a thread over there with the discount code, and linked back to this thread in case people have questions how I'm using it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2019, 06:37 AM)slowriter Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 06:16 AM)mper6794 Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 11:46 AM)slowriter Wrote: BTW, I just ordered a Dreem 2 headband, which includes EEG and pulse ox sensors and data reporting. Do I even need a recorder with that data?

Hi, slowriter
Could you please give some more characteristis of your device,  so that i can acquire sharply....i think i go for one of those, aiming at an "ultimate" understanding of my awakenings and moves.
Many thanks.... Best wishes

I'm still a little unsure how fine-grained their current reporting of arousals are (they do report some, but not sure the criteria they use, and so what they don't report), but they told me they're working on improving it.

Question for mods: is it OK for me to post a referral code for the Dreem? I can't tell from the forum rules.

Slowriter, are you sleeping well with bi-level machine?  You guys have already advanced into Bi-level machines, but if you are not feeling better with the bi-levels, why bother?

BTW, whenever I woke up in the morning, my bed is a mess--I have many movements in the nights. But I always feel great after taking naps with 0 events.

P.S., I have purchased two new nasal masks, will try to find out how well they will do.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2019, 03:10 PM)ChinaMan Wrote: Slowriter, are you sleeping well with bi-level machine?  You guys have already advanced into Bi-level machines, but if you are not feeling better with the bi-levels, why bother?

Incrementally better; yes.

But I've only started this journey about 10 weeks ago, and my understanding it can take months to feel the full benefits of PAP therapy.

So ask me again in February ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2019, 03:15 PM)slowriter Wrote:
(09-30-2019, 03:10 PM)ChinaMan Wrote: Slowriter, are you sleeping well with bi-level machine?  You guys have already advanced into Bi-level machines, but if you are not feeling better with the bi-levels, why bother?

Incrementally better; yes.

But I've only started this journey about 10 weeks ago, and my understanding it can take months to feel the full benefits of PAP therapy.

So ask me again in February ;-)

Do the data show that the events are lower with the bi-level machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
The only events that disturb my sleep are RERAs (though I get a hypopnea here and there), and the RERA reporting on the Resmed machines are totally unreliable for me.

The closest machine data that is likely to have some correspondence to RERAs are the FL graph. 

If you look at what I posted very early in this thread, and compare to a recent one (say this one from a couple weeks ago), there's been a pretty obvious decline.
Post Reply Post Reply
No particular update, but I have managed to integrate hypnogram data from the Dreem.

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks promissing!
It appears you keep awakening too much? 
How you feel? There would be suggestions some of the awakenings would be air flow reduction-driven. What about the others?
Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2019, 08:03 AM)mper6794 Wrote: It looks promissing!
It appears you keep awakening too much? 
How you feel? There would be suggestions some of the awakenings would be air flow reduction-driven. What about the others?

The OSCAR sleep stage UI is a little confusing. The awake stage is actually 1. So last night, I didn't wake up that much, or for long.

One thing I do notice on the hypnogram is two of the REM stages are fragmented. Wondering if that's accurate, and if yes, what to make of it.

Other nights have been worse. I'm actually hoping to talk to doctor in next few days about a possible prescription for days when I really need to sleep better.

Here's what I currently see surrounding such arousals.

PS - I think timing sync on sleep stage and flow rate graphs may be a little off?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 70 3 minutes ago
Last Post: SingleH
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 961 Today, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 624 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 197 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,973 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 80 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.