Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Two Year Treatment, Recent Lurker (OSCAR screenshots within)
RE: Two Year Treatment, Recent Lurker (OSCAR screenshots within)
I don't believe you are an EERS candidate so I too see an ASV in your future.
Post Reply Post Reply
In retrospect, I was doing fine up until June, and out of nowhere, my AHI just had an unusually high average. The settings prior were 7-15, EPR off, default ramp (auto, 4.0).

I bought a new pillow/cushion for my Swift FX since I didn't replace it since January 2018 when I bought it and surprisingly, it lasted two years with little issues. I thought, maybe that was the problem.

Should I start from scratch with the default factory settings and see where that takes me with auto pressure ranges for a week or two? Or at this point there's no point in doing that initial song and dance again?

Attached are the charts from 3 months ago in May at the 7-15 (monthly averaged 3.36 AHI). In June, that average went up to 6.67 AHI. YIKES. The monthly averages were way lower than that prior where the AHI fell well below 3. Not sure what happened.

Also, the recent clusters of CAs happened after 4-5 hours of sleep. Usually the first 4 hours is solid. I just purchased a soft cervical neck pillow to see if that'll help next week (it's coming in the mail on tomorrow).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Just following up, any thoughts on the charts from a while back before my AHI shot up recently?

Also, I added a soft cervical collar. This dramatically reduced my recent leaks. I must’ve lost some neck fat during quarantine!

How much time should I give any pressure adjustments? Would my body need some time for the settings to level out?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 46 3,082 04-16-2024, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 145 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 124 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 228 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 635 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  1 Year of Therapy Still Dealing With Fatigue and Headaches Zzera 7 272 03-31-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] TiredFGO - Treatment Thread TiredFGO 1 128 03-30-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.