Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] UARS Treatment, on VAuto symptoms persisting, I'm an idiot when it comes to OSCAR
Sad 
UARS Treatment, on VAuto symptoms persisting, I'm an idiot when it comes to OSCAR
Hello everyone,

I'm currently using a ResMed VAuto for treatment of UARS, I've been using my machine for a year now but still am pretty tired and fatigued (but better than before using a machine). I think maybe it's my pressure settings? I've included the data in the screenshots below. Should I try different PAP functions on my machine e.g. the CPAP or S function? 

I feel tired when I wake up and often sleep more than I need to. I also feel like my throat feels closed up when I wake up sometimes and there's brainfog after waking up. I had a few good days of waking up recently when I reduced my pressure a bit, but the day I increased my PS to 4.8 I had an AHI of 4.5 up from 1.3.

I really know nothing about my machine or what the OSCAR data represents, I'm relatively young in terms of BiPap use and really lacking knowledge of a lot of the terminology and strategies. 

It would be a huge help if anyone could help me out and explain what I should do from here. I just want to feel the feeling of being refreshed when waking up, something I haven't had in a long time. ):

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UARS Treatment, on VAuto symptoms persisting, I'm an idiot when it comes to OSCAR
Look at these images. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Breathing

You need to look at zoomed images of your flow rate for something similar, flow limits followed by arousal. I don't think you will find much, I could be wrong.
What is the basis of your UARS diagnosis? Could you post that here.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UARS Treatment, on VAuto symptoms persisting, I'm an idiot when it comes to OSCAR
My UARS diagnosis was from a doctor who said that my jaw structure and symptoms as well as my diagnostic test pointed in that direction. I had an AHI of 4.7 and RDI of 7.3 so that coupled with my daytime sleepiness, low weight, and age the doc said probably UARS. 

Should I change my settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick Edit: I meant to say pAHI of 4.5 and pRDI of 17.5.

Also thank you for replying to me, means a lot!
Post Reply Post Reply
Those values generally indicate a diagnosis of UARS.

Look at zoomed flow images for the pattern or similar that I indicated. Post the view and we can help you evaluate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is something like what I've attached what you need? I can amend this if you need me to. Let me know if you need any more data as well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
No arousal, a flow limit at 07:21:07
Not enough there to be concerned about.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much sir. So what does that mean with regards to my settings and symptoms, should I just continue with the settings I currently have or make any adjustments? I increased my EPAP to 6.4, should I adjust anything else?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 929 4 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 42 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 60 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 617 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 195 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.