Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Using T mode on Bi pap ST machine after 2 months
RE: Using T mode on Bi pap ST machine after 2 months
Thank you. I’ll try to figure out installing the OSCAR software. The ST machine is very complex with with all the possible adjustments available. Trial & error is time consuming and can be frustrating.
Post Reply Post Reply
If we could better understand your problem and needs, then we can certainly help you to decipher the ST algorithms. If you indeed have complex apnea, then the correct machine is ASV. Getting a look at the data is key to our being able to effectively help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am meeting in two days with a new doctor, after taking a titration study for a prescription for an ASV machine. It’s vitally important that I get it set up correctly. I’m not sure how much experience she has with that, it will probably be a ResMed ASV. Any pointers or help from you would be greatly appreciated! It seems to me that the respiratory therapist at the durable goods office are more educated than my last sleep doctor, who no longer works at my healthcare office.

Thanks, Rick
Post Reply Post Reply
I have treatment CSA, and using the T mode has avoided me having to get an ASV.  I'm now .7AHI, with 0 drops under 90% confirmed with oximetry. 

The big trick I've found is setting Ti Min Max to just under your nighttime breathing rate.  ASV is the way to go,  but I'd just already bought my machine
and I got a screaming deal on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV pretty much works automatically. We just follow the titration protocol for ASV auto mode and after one night, the optimal settings usually are pretty obvious. The ASV will  detect obstructive apnea and UA and increase EPAP then work with adaptive pressure support between 3 and 15 cm to resolve periodic breathing, hypopnea and CA.  It's pretty hard to get it wrong.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responding. I’ll read this post to her Word for Word.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider.

I should be getting the ASV machine next week.

In the interm, I've been using recertified auto CPAP machine from Philips thru the recall. I'd be interested in your opinion if I actually have complex sleep apnea. I personally think there is no central sleep apnea going on - just obstructive.

I've used it 13 times. The last 7 times the min/ max pressures are set at 13.5 / 17 max.   Last 7 AHI are ;   3.0, 0.6, 1.2, 2.8, 2.6, 2.6, 1.5.    Last 7 90% are from 13.5 to 16.5.

Last 7 clear airway apneas are;  1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1.    Last 7 obstructive apneas;  17, 3, 7, 14, 12, 11, 4.   Last 7 Total hypopneas are;  1, 0, 0, 1, 2, 0, 3.

ALL 13 periodic breathing episodes, some at a lower setting in % are; 7, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 4, 0, 0, 0, 1.

Flex settings are half C-1 and A-1.

If that's then case, I'll just keep using this. I've downloaded OSCAR but haven't figured how to open the SD card. Thinking-about

Your opinion is always appreciated,
Rick Eiben
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,646 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 484 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 246 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 671 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 200 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.