Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Settings for Aircurve10 V auto for a newbie
Smile 
Help Settings for Aircurve10 V auto for a newbie
Hello everyone!  I am trying out a bipap machine for the first time.  I've been using it for couple of days, but I've not had the best sleep.  I wake up around 4am each morning and the mask comes off.  I would greatly appreciate settings for Aircurve10 V auto settings!

Here are the settings that I've been using recommended by lofta:

Max IPAP= 25
Min EPAP= 6
PS= 4

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help Settings for Aircurve10 V auto for a newbie
Your events are almost all centrals and a regular cpap machine will not control them.  There is a special cpap they make for centrals.  With that being said I did have some problem with centrals and found that a setting on the V AUTO  helped with mine.  You can give it a try and see if it helps.

Try setting the Trigger setting to high If that does not help much you can try very high for a couple of nights and see if it helps with the number of central you have.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll leave it to the experts here to comment on your pressure settings, but I can tell you that my CAs pretty much disappeared completely when I changed my trigger setting from “high” to “very high.” If “high” doesn’t do the job, you may find that “very high” does.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2023, 03:04 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Your events are almost all centrals and a regular cpap machine will not control them.  There is a special cpap they make for centrals.  With that being said I did have some problem with centrals and found that a setting on the V AUTO  helped with mine.  You can give it a try and see if it helps.

Try setting the Trigger setting to high If that does not help much you can try very high for a couple of nights and see if it helps with the number of central you have.

I’m currently been using it on V Auto for the past week.  But I’ll change my trigger setting from med —-> high tonight.  Hoping it would work!
Post Reply Post Reply
As the vast majority of your events are centrals you probably should restrict the pressure variations because many of the obstructive events appear to occur prior to turning off the machine or right after startup so they are probably generated during sleep/wake junk. I would even fix the pressure (4 over 6-10) or (4 over 6.6-10.6) and I do agree that a trigger of very high is likely best. Over the last few months I have tried to optimise a newly obtained aircurve10 vauto and ended with settings similar to what I am recommending.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2023, 04:58 PM)Grandpapa-G Wrote: As the vast majority of your events are centrals you probably should restrict the pressure variations because many of the obstructive events appear to occur prior to turning off the machine or right after startup so they are probably generated during sleep/wake junk. I would even fix the pressure (4 over 6-10) or (4 over 6.6-10.6) and I do agree that a trigger of very high is likely best. Over the last few months I have tried to optimise a newly obtained aircurve10 vauto and ended with settings similar to what I am recommending.

I would even fix the pressure (4 over 6-10) or (4 over 6.6-10.6)

Does this mean to set Min EPAP between 10-10.6?
Post Reply Post Reply
This means using a PS of 4, you would set the EPAP to 6.0 and the Max to 10, or EPAP to 6.6 and the Max to 10.6. That way the AC10 is acting as a static pressure (S mode) but will still report Flow Limitations. The true S mode does not report this parameter.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2023, 05:43 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: This means using a PS of 4, you would set the EPAP to 6.0 and the Max to 10, or EPAP to 6.6 and the Max to 10.6.  That way the AC10 is acting as a static pressure (S mode) but will still report Flow Limitations.   The true S mode does not report this parameter.

- Red

Gotcha, thank you so much for the clarification!

"That way the AC10 is acting as a static pressure (S mode)"

Does this mean to leave the therapy mode to V auto or change it to S?
Post Reply Post Reply
My last sentence lists the reason to keep it in the Vauto mode. The S mode does not report flow limitations. The Vauto mode does.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got it!  Thank you again for your feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 126 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 208 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 187 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 510 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 210 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 305 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 277 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.