Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Why is my AHI going up all the sudden? OSCAR data attached
Why is my AHI going up all the sudden? OSCAR data attached
I have been at an autocpap pressure of 7-9 for the past few weeks, but all of the sudden my AHI is going up despite me also increasing my pressures. Can someone figure out whats going on? My leak rate rarely goes above 10L/min.

OSCAR screenshots attached

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why is my AHI going up all the sudden? OSCAR data attached
Welcome to the forum.

Why no PS?
PS is used to treat Flow Limits, RERAs, hypopneas, and UARS (which you have no sign of).

I would try Min PS = Max PS = 3
Min EPAP = 5 (Starting EPAP will be 8, 5 + 3)
Max IPAP = 10, just to provide some room to work.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are running as basically a Cpap instea of an autoset. Your low is 7 (exhale)  and max is 8 (inhale) and no pressure support. 

I would set min of 8 the max at 15 ( it will not go that high unless it needs to) ps a
T 3 for both. 

That will take care of most of the events you are having (H).  Give it a try tonight and post to. You should feel little to no difference with these settings.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2021, 02:22 PM)Gideon Wrote: Why no PS?
PS is used to treat Flow Limits, RERAs, hypopneas, and UARS (which you have no sign of).

(01-24-2021, 02:52 PM)staceyburke Wrote: You are running as basically a Cpap instea of an autoset. Your low is 7 (exhale)  and max is 8 (inhale) and no pressure support. 

I had previously had settings of EPAP min 9, IPAP max 14, PS min 1, PS max 3. Unfortunately I started experiencing tear duct air regurgitation, leading to severe dry eye which would actually wake me up in the middle of the night and had to reduce my pressure to a maximum of 9.

My lacrimal duct must have been permanently enlarged, because now even at a max pressure of 9, I still experience moderate dry eye while swearing swimming goggles.

I should also add that I am using a MAD in conjunction with PAP therapy, and the screenshot provided is with the MAD in use.

I guess I am moreso wondering if there is a fix that doesn't involve increasing pressure, because that causes me to have tear duct air regurgitation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, ummm...is it really necessary to swear or to wear swimming goggles?  Or do you do both concurrently?  Too-funny

Just kidding.

It seems you must keep a lid on your high pressure then.  But it sounds as if the others have a good idea that you need more pressure relief. I wonder if you're not also doing some chin-tucking now and then, just enough to close down on your airway and to cause flow restrictions. Is it possible?
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m sorry but adding pressure is about all a pap machine can do. The min pressure needs to be raised to combat all the different apnea you have and you were maxed out several times with your graph Plateaued which means you need a higher max pressure.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
For the problem you describe, I like this solution best. I will result in lower pressure, and address the hypopnea and flow limitation. Since there is no OA events, you can give up some EPAP pressure, but PS will treat what ails you. Keep BiFlex at 1 or 2. Try it.

(01-24-2021, 02:22 PM)Gideon Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

Why no PS?

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2021, 06:31 PM)mesenteria Wrote: It seems you must keep a lid on your high pressure then.  But it sounds as if the others have a good idea that you need more pressure relief. I wonder if you're not also doing some chin-tucking now and then, just enough to close down on your airway and to cause flow restrictions. Is it possible?

What are the other signs of chin tucking? Im not overweight, but I always do have red lines on my neck in the morning when I wake up, like I was looking down all night.

Also, what are the fixes to chin tucking? Will a chinstrap do? I currently use a knightsbridge dual band chin strap.

(01-24-2021, 06:50 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: For the problem you describe, I like this solution best. I will result in lower pressure, and address the hypopnea and flow limitation. Since there is no OA events, you can give up some EPAP pressure, but PS will treat what ails you. Keep BiFlex at 1 or 2. Try it.

(01-24-2021, 02:22 PM)Gideon Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

Why no PS?

I'll try this tonight!
Post Reply Post Reply
Chin tucking, the main sign is that your obstructive events are clustered close together. Your are not close enough to make a definite conclusion. I don't feel you are at the point need a Soft Cervical Collar at this time, but it will not hurt you, at least not more than a few bucks. See the Soft Cervical collar link in my signature. The main other sign is an elevated AHI, double digits is not uncommon. Your warrants watching, not worrying.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 399 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 929 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.