Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] awful results
RE: awful results
Sabee

Thank you,
Sabee

You did nothing 'wrong.'  Each night is different, with different events, durations, and even their frequency.  There will be some variation from night-to-night.  No need to worry unduly.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK. Thank you. It's just that I've never had RERA. Thought it had something to do with my settings
Anyway I try my soft collar tonight and am confident that it will help. 

Sabee
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2019, 12:42 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'm in agreement with Fred. At 5-14 pressure with EPR 3, you have most of your central events after pressure climbs above 11.0.  EPR can create more CA events in some individuals, so there are a couple adjustments I would suggest.  I think you need higher minimum pressure, so try a minimum pressure of 6.0, maximum pressure 10.0 and EPR 1 or 2.  We want you to be comfortable, but reducing EPR may reduce CA events.  A soft cervical collar may help as described in the Optimizing Therapy Wiki in the positional apnea section. A link is in my signature.

Hi everyone,

I spent the last night with Pressure 6-10, EPR 1.  I wore my soft cervical collar all night (easier than I had thought).  But I notice that my OA are still clustered.  My CA have diminished.  And for the last two nights I've had RERA, which I never had before. I was so confident about the collar, I was so sure it was the solution for me, I am worry now for what is the problem? Do you think I should elevate the pressure to 11? or the minimum to 7? or both...The EPR at 1 didn't bothered me, I could just have 0 EPR.  I tried to push my chin down with the collar to test it and it did the job, I just couldn't.  So  this is where I am...  Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
Sabee,
My question is completely off topic.  I noticed that your Event chart is reporting  "AO" instead of "OA".  What language version did you select in SleepyHead?  Also, please read the link below in SleepyHead Chart Organization.  The additional information on the left can be very helpful to us.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a French language version of Sleepy Head and I look at the left part but cut it out to post to show most of the charts as I was advised to do.

"A couple of improvements to your chart, remove both the Pie Chart and the Calender, That will allow your settings to show."

Post Reply Post Reply
I apologize. I looked at the Events graph and didn't bother to read the other labels.

(Note to self: Be MORE observant.)
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The left part is very important, so please include it.  but remove the pie chart and the calendar when you post so we can see your settings (also very important.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Thank you to correct me I had misunderstood the suggestion Shy.
Here is my new attachment and I found how to change the language too on Sleepy Head so it will be in English.

Thank you for your explanations,
Sabee
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2019, 10:54 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I apologize. I looked at the Events graph and didn't bother to read the other labels.  

(Note to self: Be MORE observant.)

Don't apologize.  You don't have to try and guess.  I just couldn't find how to change the language but not I got it. Big Grin

And I am the one who had misunderstood.  I was told to cut off the calendar and the pie chart. Only. But when I cut, I cut !!!

Thank you for your time,
Sabee
Post Reply Post Reply
You did good.  Observations.
reducing EPR from 3 to 1 substantially reduced your Central Apneas but did not eliminate them, and increased your flow limitations.  
You still have an unacceptable Obstructive AHI and we need to reduce that.  That we treat by raising your EPAP pressure.  
I want to manage your obstructive apneas to an acceptable level (< 5 Obstructive) AHI and see what happens to your central apneas.
Increase your Max Pressure from 10 to 11 then post the results.  We will likely repeat this,  perhaps several times.  Then we will readdress your central apneas.

Note that the first qualification for getting an ASV CPAP machine is to reduce your Obstructive AHI to below 5.  Don't be surprised if we have you turn off EPR at some point.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,355 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 397 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 194 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,541 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,958 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 146 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 211 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.