Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] awful results
Sad 
awful results
[attachment=10403]
Hi, 
I used a cpap for a couple of months 5 years ago and gave in.  The mask was always waking me up with air blowing in my eye and everywhere.  Now that I find myself with some health issues, (ex. hypertension) and reading things about Alzheimer and all I try again.  
Since last november I have the Air fit N20 from Resmed and leaks are ok. But my results are awful.  My respiratory therapist (who sold me the RESMED 10 auto for her) looks at her software and tells me all is ok.  I don't understand.  I have nothing below 10 events an hour and often up to 17 and 19.   I'm often awaken when the pressure is above 13 (5-14).  I join my last night chart, if you can explain what can be the problem, I'll be so happy,

Thanks

Sabee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: awful results
A couple of improvements to your chart, remove both the Pie Chart and the Calender, That will allow your settings to show.

Your events are clustered, that frequently means that your chin is dropping or tucking when you sleep.  Many users have found that a loose fitting soft cervical collar or an anit-snoring collar prevent this and make large improvements in their numbers.

You have what appears to be about 50% central apnea.  This is treated/avoided on a CPAP or APAP by minimizing pressure variations and/or reducing pressure.
I suggest that you reduce your EPR by 1 to see how this helps.  Your flow limitations are low so this looks like a good option to try
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in agreement with Fred. At 5-14 pressure with EPR 3, you have most of your central events after pressure climbs above 11.0. EPR can create more CA events in some individuals, so there are a couple adjustments I would suggest. I think you need higher minimum pressure, so try a minimum pressure of 6.0, maximum pressure 10.0 and EPR 1 or 2. We want you to be comfortable, but reducing EPR may reduce CA events. A soft cervical collar may help as described in the Optimizing Therapy Wiki in the positional apnea section. A link is in my signature.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2019, 09:48 AM)Sabee Wrote: ...  I join my last night chart, if you can explain what can be the problem...

I see that the text next to the graphs is too big to see what it says. Indeed in French more text is needed to translate from English. But don't worry: there is a good way to make it visible.
In the menu choose Fichier / Préférences
In the new window choose Apparence
In the bottom one can choose in Détails the Taille for the Titres de Graphiques.
Set it to 10 instead of 14
Everything will fit now Smile

Bonjour de la Hollande et au revoir...
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Than you so much.  My respiratory therapist never told me a single thing about that.  I rearranged my charts though to fit your suggestion.  

Sabee

(02-23-2019, 01:29 PM)A KLERK Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 09:48 AM)Sabee Wrote: ...  I join my last night chart, if you can explain what can be the problem...

I see that the text next to the graphs is too big to see what it says. Indeed in French more text is needed to translate from English. But don't worry: there is a good way to make it visible.
In the bottom one can choose in Détails the Taille for the Titres de Graphiques.

Thank you to la Hollande  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at your Sleepyhead charts, the events are clustered. There are long periods of good results followed by a cluster of apnea at relatively high pressure. Read this article that is based on forum members that had the same problem, but then tried a soft cervical collar http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea As you can see, a soft collar can stabilize pressures and greatly reduce events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2019, 09:11 AM)Sabee Wrote: Than you so much.  My respiratory therapist never told me a single thing about that.  I rearranged my charts though to fit your suggestion.  

Sabee

(02-23-2019, 01:29 PM)A KLERK Wrote:

Thank you to la Hollande  Smile

Ehhh... I see no difference in the attached file??? Sad
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2019, 12:42 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'm in agreement with Fred. At 5-14 pressure with EPR 3, you have most of your central events after pressure climbs above 11.0.  EPR can create more CA events in some individuals, so there are a couple adjustments I would suggest.  I think you need higher minimum pressure, so try a minimum pressure of 6.0, maximum pressure 10.0 and EPR 1 or 2.  We want you to be comfortable, but reducing EPR may reduce CA events.  A soft cervical collar may help as described in the Optimizing Therapy Wiki in the positional apnea section. A link is in my signature.

So, I changed my settings.  Pressure 6-10 and EPR 2.  I bought the collar today and will try it with PR 6-10 and EPR 1. 
My question is about RERA which I had in my last night chart.  Only two.  But is there something I did wrong?  Is it something that will be fixed by the collar too?

Thank you,
Sabee
Post Reply Post Reply
"...is there something I did wrong?..

Thank you,
Sabee

You did nothing 'wrong.'  Each night is different, with different events, durations, and even their frequency.  There will be some variation from night-to-night.  No need to worry unduly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 606 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 133 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.