Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] awful results
RE: awful results
This looks like you are tucking your chin multiple times thru the night. Are you using a soft cervical collar? If not you might want to try one. I think that may be causing the bulk of your obstructive events.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I bought one.  But I didn't try it yet, I barely can sleep with the mask on.  But as soon as I am more comfortable with the mask I'll put it on.  I see the bulks of events and I am confident that the collar will help.  So other than that does my flow number is alright so I can stay at pressure 9? Do you think so?

thank you,
Sabee
Post Reply Post Reply
if you didn't have centrals I would try to bump the 9 up. The Collar, loose-fitting, I think will be better therapeutically for you. I don't like throwing additional encumberments (collar here) at anyone unless I feel it will cause sufficient improvement to make it worthwhile. With Centrals we don't have the freedom to just jack the pressure up to kill obstructive events.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for all the answers you give and for the explanations. That helps. A lot. I would have given up again without AB. Thank you. I will work to get used to the collar.

Sabee
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My 2nd night results Haroldsdrifting 17 358 05-16-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ajack
  Sleep study results inconclusive Raptor9800 5 172 05-13-2019, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Raptor9800
  Poor results with CPAP - thoughts? aflynn37 11 359 05-02-2019, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Marillion
  New User - Great Results - Have Questions! BEAV 1 155 04-18-2019, 03:32 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Airsense10 Autoset: Two machines – 2 different results pabmd 4 315 04-14-2019, 06:45 PM
Last Post: pabmd
  Good results, except sometimes at end of night marklang 9 421 04-14-2019, 04:54 PM
Last Post: marklang
  Significant AHI results with different masks. ttsleeper 27 1,138 03-05-2019, 05:28 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.