Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] help wih charts
help wih charts
Hi all how i am i doing?  I am 6 months into treatment.  Sleeping a lot better, and feel a lot better but numbers are still jumping all over the place.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: help wih charts
I'm a neophyte here...but I'm sure some of the very helpful, more expert folks will chime in shortly. My guess is that they are going to suggest that you raise your minimum pressure from 5 up to 10 and try to resolve the mask leaks...perhaps you could try a different type of mask.

Wait for them....don't change anything based on my response.....
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a few leaks here and there but nothing really bad. I'd bump the minimum pressure up to 9cm to help give a jump on stopping some of the events. You might want to try using a soft cervical collar. It looks like some of your events might be positional.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Unable to us soft cervical collars fill like I am choking with them on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unable to us soft cervical collars fill like I am choking with them on.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's also wheat chaff pillows and foam pillows that can help keep your head in position.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
most of the events is when I roll over on my back.  I have tried putting pillows behind me when i am on my side but still weak up on my back.  I am a mouth breather so need full face mask. have not found one that fits my face right yet, either leaks in my eyes or around mouth. have tried the res med f20 silicone and memory foam mask. any ideas on a different mask i could try to stop leaks. thanks for all your help
Post Reply Post Reply
here is first night with higher pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd go ahead and bump the minimum pressure to 11CM and keep the maximum pressure the same.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I am not usually a bit fan of Flex in these machines, but while you are at it, try an AFlex level of 1. It should make exhale easier and smooth out the pressure a bit. I'm thinking that might help with hypopnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 134 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 175 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 202 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 412 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,170 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 293 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for advice on my charts tiredguy1 10 743 01-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: tiredguy1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.