Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Spare CPAP supplies
Spare CPAP supplies
Surely I'm not the only one. I haven't even been using a CPAP two years as of yet. But yet, I'm amassing a good inventory of supplies. 

I just received another re-supply inquiry from my DME supplier. I now have two good-sized plastic storage tubs full of equipment. 

I must have 4 or 5 heated climateline hoses, 4 water reservoirs, at least a couple of complete masks w/headgear, and all the air filters I think I'd ever need. Oh yeah, and plenty of extra cushions / pillows for my F20 and F30 FFM's. 

Sounds as if another order will ship within a couple of weeks or so. Since I turned 65 last October, no more out-of-pocket expenses either.  like

Anyways, just curious to know if some of you are experiencing the same thing?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Spare CPAP supplies
Just tell them you don’t want supplies or sell them on to someone who does not have cover. But you can’t use this site for the sale
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2020, 11:41 AM)Big Guy Wrote: . . .
Sounds as if another order will ship within a couple of weeks or so. Since I turned 65 last October, no more out-of-pocket expenses either.  like

Anyways, just curious to know if some of you are experiencing the same thing?

I've told my DME not to ship anything on automatic, only when I order specific items.  I don't have the storage space to keep up with the standard schedule of replacements, and I don't need replacements anywhere close to the scheduled times.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem in regards to storage space, and I have no intention of trying to sell on this site. 

I was just curious if others were experiencing the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get an email every 3 months from my DME telling me it's time to re-order supplies through their website. I can pick and choose which supplies I order, and often I'll delay re-ordering by a month or more. Mostly I just get the mask and/or cushions when needed; I decline the humidifier tank, heated tubing, etc. as they pretty much last forever. I have a spare or two of everything; that's all I want cluttering up my closet!
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I give my unwanted extras to my son.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After a spare one or two of all the supplies, I'd be set for a while. I'd just tell the DME not to send any other stuff. I can imagine accepting all the supplies the DME wants to keep sending is also keeping their boat or Airstream payments alive and well. And I don't want to collect so much on the supplies that my bedroom looks like a mini DME showroom.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Who Do You Get Your Supplies From? Fritz1255 2 176 03-29-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 220 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 330 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 975 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 431 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 416 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,702 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.