Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Diagnosed looking for an online supplier
Diagnosed looking for an online supplier
Got diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. the two local suppliers are 6 weeks or more behind. I want a CPAP yesterday. I'm tired of being tired. Wondering if anyone has suggestions on an online supplier that they've dealt with recently that works with Medicare.

I spent several days in hospital this past November for AFIb. While in hospital they saw that my o2 was dropping into the 70s and suspected sleep apnea and that was the cause of my Afib. Had an online sleep study done last week and the results are severe. stopped breathing over 30 times in an hour and o2 dropped to the 60s. I'm looking to get the remedy 11 or 10 with autoset and a heated humidifier.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Diagnosed looking for an online supplier
Here is a list of suppliers-
I’ve used #1 quite a bit and they are great.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...d=31#pid31
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2022, 05:30 PM)AZCardsfan73 Wrote: Wondering if anyone has suggestions on an online supplier that they've dealt with recently that works with Medicare.

I'm not sure that any of the suppliers on the list would bill or work with Medicare or any insurance for that matter.  They should give you a detailed invoice with billing codes if you ask.

What you need to do is call your insurance and explain your situation.  Tell them you've  had a sleep study.  Did you Doctor write a script?  You may need to get him/her involved.

Your insurance may reimburse you at a lower "out of network" rate.
But you need to call and find out.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2022, 07:06 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I'm not sure that any of the suppliers on the list would bill or work with Medicare or any insurance for that matter.  They should give you a detailed invoice with billing codes if you ask.

What you need to do is call your insurance and explain your situation.  Tell them you've  had a sleep study.  Did you Doctor write a script?  You may need to get him/her involved.

Your insurance may reimburse you at a lower "out of network" rate.
But you need to call and find out.

From what I have seen americarecpap accepts Medicare but seems a lot of companies are short on the Resmed machines. My doctor is involved and wants me to use a local supplier but the soonest I could get one is in 6 weeks possibly longer. 

My sleep home sleep study was done through Virtuox. The study was for two nights. it shows I stop breathing over 30 times in an hour and at times my O2 dropped to the 60s. So I don't want to wait that long. 

I just a few moments ago purchased an iBreeze Auto CPAP out of pocket at cpapmyway with overnight shipping. I'll use it as a backup once I get the Resmed through Medicare. I was surprised I was able to order it. It was my understanding a script was needed, but they never asked for Dr. or script information.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, unfortunately there is a backlog on available ResMed machines.  

I don't know too much about the iBreeze, but glad you will have something to use, and it can be a good backup.  

I believe that there is a free software download available for the iBreeze.  Check with your supplier or Supplier #40.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 22 396 9 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 60 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 389 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 170 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 479 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Hi I'm new here - just diagnosed waterboyOz 32 1,807 12-11-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.