Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] snoring in mask and waking up
snoring in mask and waking up
wife made video of me snoring in cpap mask..what should i do? i tried some different pressures but had high ahi. i gained alot of weight and different meds.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: snoring in mask
We will need a little more information.  Your pressure settings may need adjusted, but really don’t like advising without seeing some data.

Snoring sometimes indicates a need for higher pressure and weight gain sometimes causes you to need more pressure than what you used prior.  Also, some medications can cause an increase in AHI.

Use the links below in my signature line to post a graph of the daily page.  Pay attention to the organization of the graph.  

Then use the attachment feature to post here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok i will try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, what OpalRose said. I recently lost about 20 lbs, had to drop my pressure about .5 to get my AHI back in line.

There were two clues that told me I needed to lower my pressure.

1. I could feel I was being forced to inhale and
2. My CA's were creeping up in my data, likely due to me resisiting the extra forced pressure.

Likely if you have gained weight you need to increase your pressures to compensate. How much depends on what your data looks like.
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
Coyote 

Your fixed pressure of 11 is just not sufficient to treat your snores and flow limitations.

How was you pressure decided did you have a titration study ?
Post Reply Post Reply
It may also be helpful to have one daily chart with the left area scrolled up to the top showing AHI numbers (with calender closed that is).
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
in 2014 i had asleep study but since then i gained alot of weight after that .

ok thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The clustering of your events is typical of positional apnea caused by tucking the chin to the chest. This usually does not respond to an increase in pressure. What has worked for many including me is a soft cervical collar. Please see the link below for more information. In the article are before and after charts showing how well it works.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
i have a collar but am trying to get it fitted.i will try.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 167 Yesterday, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 100 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 303 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 376 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,699 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 203 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 446 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.