Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro FX
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 - 20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS50I PulseOx

Sex: Male

Grin Treatment suggestions needed!
So, we all know that PAP is the most effective treatment for Sleep Apnea; but, unfortunately, there has been no effective treatment for Pre-Nocturnal Blabbermouth Disease (PNBD).

PNBD is unusual as it seems to have no affect on those who are struck with the disease, but generally causes mild irritation to the bedmates of those afflicted. Until recently there has been little effort to develope a therapy to relieve the symptoms of PNBD. Recent studies have indicated, however, that PNBD can cause severe irritation and discomfort to a bedmate on PAP therapy, especially those who use a FFM (Full Face Mask) as part of thier necessary treatment. The discomfort is often stimulated by the PNBD sufferer's propensity to wait until thier bedmate spends 10 minutes or more getting his/her mask adjusted just right, the hose positioned properly and is lying in bed all settled for a good night's sleep to feel the overwhwlming and irresistable urge to start blabbing incessantly which usually involves the asking of several questions. These questions generally range from unnecessary (e.g. Do you mind if I sit up and read a while?) to completely innane (e.g. What are you thinking about?). Females are up to five times more likely than males to have PNBD, while males are five times more likely to suffer from its affects.

It is this author's opinion that an effective treatment or cure for this desease is long overdue.

This is an open call for papers
11-27-2012 01:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

RE: Treatment suggestions needed!
Well, I welcome any scientific papers that discuss an attempt to humanely cure or even slightly control this evil disease....

However... since I myself live with a dear lady who suffers from PNBD, I'm not holding my breath for a cure.... Bigwink Too-funnyLaugh-a-lotDielaughing

.... standing by for the herd of angry ladies who will undoubtedly respond to this... Whistle

Just remember to hit jgjones1972, he's the one that started this, not me. BigwinkToo-funny

(Rule #1: It's always the other guy's fault).
SHa_biggrin5

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

11-27-2012 01:38 PM
Shastzi Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: FitLife Total face mask
Humidifier: F&P HC150 with Hybernite heated hose.
CPAP Pressure: 15cm-20cm H2O (auto)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: CMS50-F wearable Oximeter; Software: SPO2 Assistant

Sex: Undisclosed

Proper application of duct tape will solve most any blabber mouth problems. Smile
12-16-2012 09:11 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Bompa Offline

Monitors

Machine: DreamStation Pro
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Nuance Pro
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifer
CPAP Pressure: 12.0
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Oh!!! I feel much better now!!!!!Banana

I thought I was alone in my suffering, but now I know that there are others out there who put up with PNBD.Crying-into-tissue

The only problem with the Duct Tape is you have to tie their hands as well, and that could be difficult and dangerous.Dont-know

What I try to do is get to bed and fall asleep before my bedmate arrives. :grin:

I'm sure there is an easier way and someone out there has the solution, so hang in ther people! Help is on the way!!
Grouphug3
12-16-2012 10:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I need crypto Software. Suggestions justMongo 3 350 04-22-2016 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sn00zeAlarm
  Need suggestions ASAP Please me50 3 593 07-06-2015 04:49 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  New Android Phone - finally took the plunge - suggestions for apps? SuperSleeper 30 8,917 04-03-2013 05:45 AM
Last Post: b360155