1. I have gone through 7 different types of masks and finally found two that work for me. I alternate between nasal pillows and the wisp depending on allergies.
2. I use Eucalyptus oil in my nose to open passages, it is quick, efficient, and cost friendly with no rebound effects of nasal sprays.
3. My AHI numbers were wild in the same week from 5 to 40! Found out I do best on my right side with a firm big pillow pushed up against my back to prevent sleeping on my back. My numbers are now 3-7!
4. I have adapted a sleep hygiene routine that works for me. I have realized I need a sleep routine to prepare me to fall asleep easier. I would fuss and fume for 90 minutes before falling asleep or I would just give up and sit in a chair fussing with "why me", not a good behavior. Now its a matter of minutes. Devon English lavender oil on my restless feet, a few minutes of deep breathing with the CPAP on, and a few happy positive thoughts to quiet my mind.
5. Considering the lack of support and knowledge I encountered from the medical field that treated my sleep apnea, I armed myself with as much information about sleep apnea and treatments since it was not provided by the professionals. I routinely do 10 minutes of throat and neck exercises daily. I found the best sleep research is out of Israel.
6. Dont give up, knowledge and support will empower you. This forum with all the help, experience, and support was my lagniappe.