Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] what I have learned
RE: what I have learned
(06-25-2016, 03:27 PM)calliopy2 Wrote: http://www.pubfacts.com/author/Yaron+Dagan is the research sleep site from Israel site with many research papers, muddle through to what you need. There are secondary threads. Also check the bibliography at the end of the research paper. It is a great tool for more info. Good luck

Many thanks,
ThanksThanksThanksThanksThanks

I used to get up an read this kind of stuff when I couldn't go back to sleep during the night. Now, I have to read it on my day off since therapy has cured my insomnia.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for the information.

I also have been starting to take more control of my sleep with everyones help. I have just had two sleep times with zero problems. I will keep reading and posting my findings as It my help others.

The last change I made to my cpap settings was another increase in pressure. The doctor set it up at 5-15 I left it this way until my reading allowed me to raise it to 7-15. This improved my sleep. After several weeks I raised it to 9-15 and got more improvement. The last step I have taken was to 11-20.

Sleepyhead says my max pressure now runs only 13 and AHI of zero for the last two sleeps.

Nobody cares more about my sleep than ME !

Without the support of this Great bunch of folks it could not have happened. Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi calliopy2,
Thanks so much for the very helpful and informative post.
It's great to hear that you persevered through all the struggles of your therapy to get much better sleep, YAHOO.!
Keep up the good work, much success as you continue on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
much appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm into about month number seven and would have to agree with you that tailoring the experience to your own personal needs is vital. My AHI doesn't go much above 2 and is usually in the 1s which is pretty good I reckon. I'd like to see it below one but I also enjoy a couple of drinks in the evening - don't think I can have both!

I had to sleep without the machine on Friday night because I had a sore undeneath my nose caused by an ingrown hair and it wasn't improving with the nasal mask on. It was then I discovered how much CPAP does for me.

I got back on the therapy last night and actually looked forward to it. There is now something comforting about that initial flow of air and it is a trigger for me to sleep.

I'm going to review my results and see if I need to make any changes to my lower APAP pressure. I've got the maximum set at 15 and once in a while I reach it. I'll also take the EPR down one notch to 1 to see if that takes away my CAs which contribute to the majority of my events.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also enjoy a couple drinks in the evening and my AHI is consistently below 1. So it is possible.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2016, 03:50 AM)holden4th Wrote: I had to sleep without the machine on Friday night because I had a sore undeneath my nose caused by an ingrown hair and it wasn't improving with the nasal mask on. It was then I discovered how much CPAP does for me.
I use aloe vera gel, but still get the occasional pressure sore on one nostril. When it hits, I'll use a bit of Neosporin to help it heal, and a bit of oral Benzocaine on the area to let me fall asleep. I'm on a small tube of generic stuff marketed for toothache, but it does the trick.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, the benzocaine and the aloe vera gel sound like great options
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What I've learned (tips for a new user) chrisiscitrus 1 848 11-11-2020, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  How to qualify for medicare- what I have learned eajeff 14 2,117 02-24-2020, 03:04 PM
Last Post: eajeff
  What is learned in a 'nap study"? oldfart59 11 2,248 02-05-2018, 08:05 PM
Last Post: oldfart59
  Just learned I have sleep apnea, waiting to hear full results of sleep study SleeplessInOklahoma 18 4,658 09-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Last Post: livingwithapnea
  What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb Mark Douglas 44 13,349 07-02-2016, 07:28 AM
Last Post: silverny1
  Be careful I purchased use Resmed 8- learned a lesson puglady 22 4,515 05-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Last Post: shewhorn
  60 Days -Lesson Learned 0rangebear 12 4,259 03-19-2016, 12:11 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.