Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trial of Respironics Dreamstation Go in Melbourne, Australia?
RE: Trial of Respironics Dreamstation Go in Melbourne, Australia?
(02-17-2019, 06:35 PM)midvalleyguy Wrote: Hi  eIliotg

I'm in the Latrobe Valley 2 hours drive from you in Melbourne.

My sleep doctor here referred me to almost a dozen suppliers but they would only hire Fisher & Paykel Icon+ or the ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset. No other models, or any Philips or DeVilBiss, or any other brand at all, and no travel machines of any sort (I go camping a lot). Perhaps all suppliers in Australia follow the same limited practice?

As the others have said, I'd stick with your S9 if it's still working well for you, even though it's quite an old model now. If you want to spend $$$ sometime I'd upgrade to the Airsense 10 Autoset and keep the S9 as your travel machine or backup.

I have just discovered (via a Google search and subsequent phone call) that CPAP Australia will allow you to rent a wide range of machines (including Respironics).  If you decide to buy it, the cost of rental is credited against the asking price.

Elliot
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trial of Respironics Dreamstation Go in Melbourne, Australia?
(02-17-2019, 07:22 PM)elliotg Wrote: I have just discovered (via a Google search and subsequent phone call) that CPAP Australia will allow you to rent a wide range of machines (including Respironics).  If you decide to buy it, the cost of rental is credited against the asking price.
Sounds ideal for your situation. Logistically it made more sense to me to hire locally rather than travel.

FWIW, my supplier here (a pharmacy) charged me $80 per month (choice of 2 machines only), with a deposit of $150. Free service throughout the hire period and free data printouts for sleep doctor. The 3 masks were $80 for the month, deposit $100. I received my deposits back in full last week. (All AUD).

If I decide with the help of the good folks here that I have some form of sleep apnea (my sleep doctor is still quite inconclusive), I will purchase the ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset (possibly the For Her version). It seems to be the Rolls Royce of CPAP machines. Either "gently used" from a USA supplier, or I can get a used hire one from my supplier or eBay/Gumtree for around $500.

All the best with your hire!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,256 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,181 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,609 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 175 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 678 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.