Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tried, but can't get the P10 to work right, back to the Swift FX
Tried, but can't get the P10 to work right, back to the Swift FX
After trying for about a month, I think I have to throw in the towel, even though it's comfy, I can't see where it's working for me. Many day's the leaks are ok, but then my AHI is up, and lots of centrals, so I am getting false readings, I am sure.

For the last few nights, I have used the Swift FX and my AHI is in the 0.2 to 0.5 range, Median leaks are 0 and 95% is around 10 to 13. I think this is the best mask for me at least. Bummer, I liked the P10 and really wanted it to work, but truly, looking and wearing the FX, other than the little supports on the sides, the mask gives enough support to make it not need adjusting like I do with the p10 and is not much larger. It must be those side supports on the side of the nose that keeps the mask secure. I just got my shipment from the DME with all the pillows, now I have to call them and have them give me new stuff for the Swift, grrrrr, I hope they exchange. I am hoping they will re-work the P10, the head gear is just too loose, and with no adjustment it's hard to wear.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tried, but can't get the P10 to work right, back to the Swift FX
That is a shame.

What is the actual problem causing the leaks? Is the mask slipping off center?

How high is the AHI?

Which pillows? (My AHI with small pillow is about 0.45, and with the large it is about 1.0).

If you want to continue, I would consider Gabby's modification if it is too loose. (Cut strap and add velcro to make the head gear adjustable.)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Marnid2014,
If you find the Swift FX is better for you, just stick with it.
Good luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2014, 08:24 AM)herbm Wrote: That is a shame.

What is the actual problem causing the leaks? Is the mask slipping off center?

How high is the AHI?

Which pillows? (My AHI with small pillow is about 0.45, and with the large it is about 1.0).

If you want to continue, I would consider Gabby's modification if it is too loose. (Cut strap and add velcro to make the head gear adjustable.)

I am using the x small, I tried the small as well, I also have a medium. It just leaks, the AHI was 1.50 with the P10 and 0.23 to 0.50 average with the FX. I put a Velcro strap on the back but it still seems to leak from somewhere, I tried new pillows and it was worse, that was strange!!!

I am not sure how it leaks, it just does so I think it has to be it slips out just enough to cause an issue. I can try the retrofit as well and see if that solves it. Did Gabby post a photo?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2014, 08:35 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Marnid2014,
Good luck.

I might have to, Trish, but I sure liked the 10

Post Reply Post Reply
It could be that you need to revisit your pressure settings, as that may well be having an effect - one nasal pillow is not THAT different form another that you suddenly find an increase of central apnoeas where there were few in evidence before, but if your machine is a fixed pressure system, and you are losing weight, your problem lies in that region. The biggest problem you can have, besides comfort and other fitting issues, is leakage, when switching between nasal pillow systems, and of course getting the size of the pillow right. And if you can't get that right, your leaks will go up and of course, your readings will all go kaflooey. The FX is an excellent mask, and has, IMHO a better strap than the P10 - the P10 has the better venting system, but in the end, going back to the FX is not an awful thing. Sorry it didn't work out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Exact opposite for me. I had higher AHIs and leaks with the FX although they were not very high. The P10 worked great for me. My AHIs are now 1 or below consistently and leaks are few and low. I really like the P10 nasal pillow fit and the headgear is much more comfortable, at least to me. That said, use whatever works for you. Nothing works better than success so keep using what is right for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look, let's be clear:

1.5 or .5 is good.

Pick the mask that makes you a) feel best the next day and b) is most comfortable.

Not necessarily in that order.

Who cares? if you are HAPPY and COMFORTABLE.

I LOVE the P10, but I KNOW that someday there will be a better mask for me.

But at these levels we are talking about trivialities UNLESS it material affects the way you FEEL.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2014, 10:24 AM)Marnid2014 Wrote:
(05-22-2014, 08:35 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Marnid2014,
Good luck.

I might have to, Trish, but I sure liked the 10
Hi Marnid2014,
I understand, but sometimes what we realy like and what will work are two different things. I do hope you can get the P10 to work for you though since you like it the best.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
When it comes to masks it is about balancing comfort with effectiveness. Most patients say the P10 is more comfortable, but what you gain in comfort you may lose effectiveness as it doesn't have much in the way of adjusting fit.

Every nose is different. Every face is different. Every tolerance is different. For every mask there is, I have someone that loves it and someone that absolutely hates it. There is no "one mask" that is best for everyone.

Find the one that works for you. If you are 100% happy with your current mask, maybe check in every couple of years to see if there is something new/improved you might like. If you aren't 100% happy, then try something different each time your insurance will pay for a new mask. If you are seriously not happy with a new mask, most DMEs offer a 30 day mask exchange.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 113 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,977 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 525 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 935 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.