Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tried, but can't get the P10 to work right, back to the Swift FX
RE: Tried, but can't get the P10 to work right, back to the Swift FX
The P10 has the 3 sizes of pillows. Strangely, they all seem to "fit" me. The ResMed videos say to choose the one that's "most comfortable". All 3 are "comfortable" so is it better to go larger or smaller to prevent leaking? I'm getting sizable air leaks during the night but that's probably due to tossing and turning and having the headgear move around.

[BTW, has anyone seen the youtube video about the design team members talking about their P10 development? Since they give their names and roles in the development, maybe us users should send them e-mails requesting a design modification of the headgear!]

Has everyone adjusted their "residence setting" for their mask type on their machines to correspond to the P10? Maybe that adjustment might give better AHI results (?). I have a PRS1 machine so ResMed doesn't give settings for PRS1 machines so I assume it's X2 (or X3) to match the equivalent PR pillows mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2014, 01:43 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote: The P10 has the 3 sizes of pillows. Strangely, they all seem to "fit" me. The ResMed videos say to choose the one that's "most comfortable". All 3 are "comfortable" so is it better to go larger or smaller to prevent leaking? I'm getting sizable air leaks during the night but that's probably due to tossing and turning and having the headgear move around.

I'm definitely a size medium.. Except that I'm not. I do very well with the size large, and I cannot do the size small at all. The Medium works well but the leak ratios are greater. So in my case, it is better to go larger. One of my great joys is I can now flop around at night sleeping on my left side, then my back, then my left side... Never on my right side of course. But my mask does not even think about coming loose until I get up in the morning.

(05-25-2014, 01:43 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote: [BTW, has anyone seen the youtube video about the design team members talking about their P10 development? Since they give their names and roles in the development, maybe us users should send them e-mails requesting a design modification of the headgear!]

Nope, but I'll check it out. Email the designers? What if we discourage them and they quit and go to work for McDonald's or something? "Here's your happy meal with the latest McMask available!" Oh dread.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2014, 01:43 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote: Has everyone adjusted their "residence setting" for their mask type on their machines to correspond to the P10? Maybe that adjustment might give better AHI results (?). I have a PRS1 machine so ResMed doesn't give settings for PRS1 machines so I assume it's X2 (or X3) to match the equivalent PR pillows mask.

The only reason that the Resmed machines need to know the mask type is so that it can accurately estimate the unintentional leak rates. The PRS1 machines just report total leaks and only take a SWAG at unintentional leaks

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 113 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,978 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 525 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 935 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.