Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tried something different last night
Tried something different last night
Ok on Saturday am my AHI was 5 , Sunday was 2 , I haven't been that high since I started my therapy, I know I've been a little stuffy at night but I usually clear up after I mask up, So It got me to think more about mask fit. Any way last night was the first time I ran the mask fit mode before I went down, I think I'll do that for awhile it seemed to help me, I think it runs at your higher pressure (didn't look but it felt high) so I worked the strap tensions until it would stop any leaks but didn't feel too tight no sores spots Smile. Now the good news is this morning was my lowest AHI yet .1 yes .1, So I'm trying not to get too excited but I sure felt good this morning very well rested and ready for action Smile. Last night was my best yet (sleep that is) in the 7 or 8 weeks since I started .
So if there are other newbie's out there that are having leaks issues really give the mask fit option a try, I plan on using it more often, I only think that I had been getting a good fit, until I try it the mask fit feature.
SmileCoffee
Rest Well!!

Mr. Van Winkle
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tried something different last night
I was thinking from reading that Resmeds gave you a smiley or frowny face for leaks?? I never used one just going on what I read here.

The PRS1 has the mask ck but it hits the mask the full 20cm and works its way down over 45 seconds then shows a bar graph and check for good or x for to much leak. No smiley faces but the machine will tell if in large leak and what percent of the night if so.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2014, 05:51 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: I was thinking from reading that Resmeds gave you a smiley or frowny face for leaks?? I never used one just going on what I read here.

The PRS1 has the mask ck but it hits the mask the full 20cm and works its way down over 45 seconds then shows a bar graph and check for good or x for to much leak. No smiley faces but the machine will tell if in large leak and what percent of the night if so.

Yes you are correct, you do get a smiley Smile, but I still get leaks during the night that must not be enough to receive a Frowney Sad , but will effect your sleep.
So that's what made me test for leaks before sleeping, I will test this function out for a few more nights to see how well it goes and how well I learn to fit my mask.

Post Reply Post Reply
That is great to hear Big Grin. I currently don't seem to have issues with leaks at the moment (though my AHI is still higher then I would like) but I will definitely keep this in mind for when I get a FFM (For when I have a cold and my sinuses are stuffy)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mr. Van Winkle,
It's good to hear that your experiement went well, keep up the GREAT work.
Just remember though, you are looking for trends in your data, just watch it for the next ten days or so and that will really tell you that your experiment worked.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2014, 08:52 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Mr. Van Winkle,
Just remember though, you are looking for trends in your data, just watch it for the next ten days or so and that will really tell you that your experiment worked.

Trish, you are right I don't want to get too excited yet, Will do, I'll track this pattern for the next week or so and see if this works for me.
There are a lot of ups and downs, but I know the downs are still better than not doing anything.
Best to you!

Mr. Van Winkle
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2014, 09:15 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote:
(12-29-2014, 08:52 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Mr. Van Winkle,

Trish, you are right I don't want to get too excited yet, Will do, I'll track this pattern for the next week or so and see if this works for me.
There are a lot of ups and downs, but I know the downs are still better than not doing anything.
Best to you!

Mr. Van Winkle
Hi Mr. Van Winkle,
You are right when you say, "the downs are still better than not doing anything," keep up the good work.
CONTINUED SUCCESS!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2014, 05:27 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote: Ok on Saturday am my AHI was 5 , Sunday was 2 , I haven't been that high since I started my therapy, I know I've been a little stuffy at night but I usually clear up after I mask up, So It got me to think more about mask fit. Any way last night was the first time I ran the mask fit mode before I went down, I think I'll do that for awhile it seemed to help me, I think it runs at your higher pressure (didn't look but it felt high) so I worked the strap tensions until it would stop any leaks but didn't feel too tight no sores spots Smile. Now the good news is this morning was my lowest AHI yet .1 yes .1, So I'm trying not to get too excited but I sure felt good this morning very well rested and ready for action Smile. Last night was my best yet (sleep that is) in the 7 or 8 weeks since I started .
So if there are other newbie's out there that are having leaks issues really give the mask fit option a try, I plan on using it more often, I only think that I had been getting a good fit, until I try it the mask fit feature.
SmileCoffee
Rest Well!!

Mr. Van Winkle

Just an update.
Well I'm getting better at fitting my mask, still on occasion have some troubles when on my side but much improved, However I'm thinking now it doesn't have a lot to do with my AHI numbers, the last seven days 3 were under 1 and 4 were over 1 but still under 2.5 and the main thing is I feel great since starting cpap. I look forward to going to sleep with it , is that weird or what.
So I'm not sure if I'm being too caught up with watching the numbers or just don't know when I should be watching?
Anyway not to get to off track here, but I will say the mask fit feature is helpful for us newbies to achieve a good fit to start with.
Thanks for listening
Mr. Van Winkle
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been on CPAP for 4 years now but have only been looking at the data for about a year. This last week I got the first night that I have had where my max leak rate was 0 for the whole night. I did not do anything special. I was out of town so my mask cleaning was minimal (meaning that I did not do any). I did clean the pillows once. I think that I was as happy with that as I was getting AHI=0.

Getting the right size Mirage Quattro mask has helped my leak rate and I am also having almost no dry mouth problem. I have gone back to VPAP from auto however and it is working well.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 851 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,111 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,342 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,236 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,202 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.