Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tried to tough it out!
RE: Tried to tough it out!
It's strapped on right now, is taking comfortable!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cliftonio,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
so after a single night with the Deam weaver mask

- easy to get off and on (but had a few minor air leaks during the night, so some adjustment is needed)
- great field of vision (I like to watch a minutes of TV or surf the web after putting it on)
- connection on top is awkward but once in bed the hose sat nicely out of sight/mind
- was able to side sleep both side without issue, no issues changing position
- was also getting used to a chin strap so the combination just felt "strange" but fell asleep no problem
- there was a few leaks but a slight moving of the nose piece solved it temporarily
- exhaust is a bit loud but it's just me and my trusty dog and he doesn't care
- Myair said I had the same high leak rate, so I am still leaking via mouth
- woke up feeling great, no day time sleepiness today
- face/head also felt great (no weird lines, or facial marks or tender spot)

Looking forward to to adjusting the seal and trying again tonight!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Another good night last night. Tightened up both the mask and chin strap and had no leak issues and leak score improved.

This has to be the most comfortable mask out there.

Might slack off on the chin strap a bit, see if it part of the reduced leaks.

My nose also is healing up well also!
Post Reply Post Reply
Still working well and seal is bellow threshold. Was able to back off the chin strap a bit and still leaks are minimal (must be from mouth breathing during sleep because there are no noticeable leaks from nose piece

For some reason I find it hard to breath during the ramp up but when I wake up (full pressure) it is effortless.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2015, 08:28 PM)cliftonio Wrote: For some reason I find it hard to breath during the ramp up but when I wake up (full pressure) it is effortless.

Turn off the ramp. It's purely a comfort feature.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I never really use the ramp, but my machine was originally set by the Dr/DME for a range of 4-11. The low 4 end of the range was not enough air for me so I increased it to 7. I am much more comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2015, 08:39 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(11-15-2015, 08:28 PM)cliftonio Wrote: For some reason I find it hard to breath during the ramp up but when I wake up (full pressure) it is effortless.

Turn off the ramp. It's purely a comfort feature.

i'll try without it tonight.....

Speaking which I am traveling with it. No issues at security in either country. My only worry is I will forgot it on the plane or at security because I am so used to traveling with just my laptop bag.....and not used to traveling with a coat (I never go anywhere cold! Haha almost forgot that today

Overall I am happy with this new mask. Nose is almost all healed up also!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 01:17 PM)cliftonio Wrote:
(11-15-2015, 08:39 PM)Sleepster Wrote: [quote='cliftonio' pid='138693' dateline='1447637335']
For some reason I find it hard to breath during the ramp up but when I wake up (full pressure) it is effortless.

...My only worry is I will forgot it on the plane or at security because I am so used to traveling with just my laptop bag.....
Overall I am happy with this new mask. Nose is almost all healed up also!

Glad to hear your nose is almost healed! About forgetting it...try some sort of cheap strap and put it on the handle and attach the other end to your wrist. Won't forget it that way. Also might give the other passengers something to ponder....hmmm is that case full of money or diamonds....LOL Dielaughing

APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How tough are these machines? Weird Tolkienish Figure 13 3,096 01-22-2016, 12:46 PM
Last Post: archangle
  1st cleaning - tough time drying climate line hose - rogue01 10 5,322 05-25-2015, 11:51 AM
Last Post: rogue01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.