Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trigger/Cycle settings
Trigger/Cycle settings
I'm curious what you have your trigger/cycle setting at. Mine came at what I'm guessing is a default of "3"...actually I'm pretty sure all the settings were just the machines default. I was just wondering if you adjust those or mainly just pressure settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trigger/Cycle settings
The settings range from very high sensitivity to very low sensitivity and the default is medium. We frequently find a high trigger sensitivity improves mild CA event rates. The trigger and cycle sensitivity is often used in protecting expiration time for COPD.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trigger/Cycle settings
Machines come with normal/normal as default. Most people use normal or high for trigger and normal or low for cycle.

Trigger of very high can be helpful for central apnea but can cause issues if you have cardiogenic oscillations (causes premature pressure increase).

I played around with mine the other day and you can do the same to see what seems comfortable to you. Put on the mask, turn on the machine, go into settings and start changing them. You won't feel a big difference moving one step but if you change a few positions should notice the difference. Awake feeling of comfort doesn't necessarily correlate with treatment success though so if you do so and get worse apnea etc then switch back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirCurve 10 Vauto - Trigger Settings MrIvanDrago 1 330 02-08-2024, 05:31 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Importance of Spont Cycle % SingleH 10 639 01-14-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Trigger in Airsense 10 Autoset Zeitung 3 374 01-06-2024, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 833 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Aircurve 10 VAUTO - missing Ti MAX/Min,Trigger, Rise time? sleep2023 9 1,018 06-26-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
Video Little deep sleep based on sleep cycle Mouchet 3 1,395 04-02-2023, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  ResMed AirCurve Trigger/Cycle brainf0g 17 8,215 02-20-2023, 01:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.